portable recorder for samples..

hi..

does anybody know any good portable recorders ? i like to record samples from all over the place.. so far i've had a crappy digital voice recorder with a really bad frequency response and really low quality.

i found a few good mp3 hard disc players with a line in...also adjustable sample rates upto 48 khz..

there is one called neuros but it only seems to be available in the U.S

it comes with a built in battery and can only be changed at the factory..(which is miles away from where i am)

there is another called i river but this seems to be more of a toy with fancy features like picture viewer ,colour screen...

it only records mp3...

there are very few mp3 players i have been able to find with a mic or line input..

i also found this new md player by sony with a new format called HI-Md.. unlike Md this format is able to upload files to the player via usb as a data transfer..it has lots of nice features but i like it because it can record 44.1khz in PCM format..

so far it seems to be the best option...

anyone got any suggestions or knows any other players ??there are better options like DAT or edirol's recorder but i am looking for something within U.S $ 300...and also would like something that plays music and is not solely dedicated to recording..

thank you...