What 30 secs DEFINE goa-trance?

Right, I've written this paper on goa and this monday I have to present it to 2 teachers who will question me about it, etc... Anyway, I want to start my presentation with a 30~45 second goa sound-bite, but I can't really decide which track to use... A track that really captures the true essence of goa-trance...

I was thinking of using one of these:

Shiva Sidpao "Shiva Devotional" [One of the build-ups + break]

Infected Mushroom "Psycho [Live Mix]" [build-up + break]

Hallucinogen "Shamanix" [Any full on part]

Electric Universe "Spectral Blue" [buil-up + Break]

Chi-ad "Eye Am The I" [Any full on part]

But hey - if any of you guys have a better suggestion I'm all ears... What would YOU use if you only had 30-45 seconds and had MASSIVE speakers and really wanted to impress the sh!t out of your teachers!?

Let me know!

DeathPosture

NP: X-Dream "Eleven" [Hey, that build-up and break at 7 minutes could work too...]

Guest Elysium Project

Use whatever you want to..... There's so many tracks that tell the story...It really does not matter which ones you use. use the ones you feel express your way of looking at it!

Guest Mike Indidginus

What kind of schools do you guys go to? If I'd written papers on psytrance, or hallucinogenic drugs at school I'd have been kicked out! I was at school in 1936 though. I guess times have changed ;)

Guest Lord Orgasmos

that makes you old to a degree that dancing would be a danger.. somehow i question the truth in your statement

to be quite honest 30 seconds cant define goa music

for me thats half the point, there is (generally)so much more to it thatn your crappy soulless repetitive euro trance and hard house etc etc etc

goa and psytrance are an evolutionary form of music

u cant possibly capture the whole vinbe from just 30 seconds of a track

play a non-psyhead something like alien project and theyll think theyre listening to some cool electronic dance music but kind of missing the point of what this track really does, play them 30 secs of sandman like natural born killers or cyberzoo amd any onlooker would just be left confused

personally i would pick perhaps Pigs in space's visitors or astrals let there be light, madalas killing joke or something

but none of these would truly reflect the true nature of the music in only 30 seconds

Guest AtomikElf

without a doubt:

unconscious collective: fluorostani trancendance (8:44) - at the 7:00 minute mark to 7:30

[hint: bring your own parachutes]

Guest bean

no way...im shure theyll get impressed about the spiritual and space atmosphere of Astral Projection, and hell those r beautyfull tracks....visit their site to see what a 30 seconds music sample can catch...

Guest Rumz

I think EP has the right idea..play the 30 seconds that define the music personally to you... otherwise you will just get everyone telling you to play thier favourite tracks.

RumZ

Nice to see you here orgasmos. :)

NP : Akira (atari game theme music)

Guest spacemonkey - 604

go with shamanix, although goa depends on build ups and soundscapes so 30 seconds would just @!#$ it up, but if you want 30 seconds go with shamanix

Guest Soyouth

What about launching launching something so brain blasting that everyone in the room will be eager to listen to it till the end !!!

Each Goa song is a trip and a full on part is worth because of everything that came before and prepared your mind to it, I think that 30 sec of full on music will make people think it's always the same and it's violent.... Well dunno

what about some moty or shpongle ?

Guest Antonomasia

Hallucinogen - Deranger : 6'30 -> 7'00

Pleiadians - Alcyone : 5'15 -> 5'45

Transwave - Malaka Dance : 6'20 -> 6'50

Etnica - Vimana : 4'28 -> 5'00

Crop Circles - Lunar Civilisation : 4'07 -> 4'45

Astral Projection - People Can Fly : 8'10 -> 8'40

Hallucinogen - Fluoro Neuro Sponge : 3'45 -> ...

Guest JanUa

the messenger complete ;-)))))

or dancing with kadafi, also complete ;-))))

if you want more beat ... take role us a giant from infected .. start with the sample ... "got any magic mushrooms .. no but i got these .... " it says it all :-)))

Guest Lord Orgasmos

soyouth, thats part of the point i was making

but it doesnt necessarily have to be full on

an 30 seconds of a track doesnt define it for me either, so i couldnt play anything to someone for 30 secs

Guest rocko

you should put them a part of a track where everything calms down and you can also listen a clear sample about weird stuff, not necesarly drugs, but you should play also the part where sudenly the beat and bassline apears again to blow your mind.

astral projection "people can fly" may work for you, just let all the part of the sample about the dreams, it´s more than 30 secs, from 6´10 to 8´10 but i really think it´s worthy, besides you may cut some parts to fit in less time.