Spicelab

seraph

So, I am sure that most of you already know about Oliver Lieb's second most popular project after LSG - Spicelab.

Spicelab is truly one of the most spacey constructed projects. He is not improvising as much as with LSG, but he is rather using very strong psychedelic effects, lots of 303 and mesmerising ambiental sounds with incredible cosmic ideas hidden inside.

His album A DAY ON OUR PLANET is one of the best ambiental trance pieces ever. I reviewed it here, very short review though but you MUST have that album. He released another two albums LOST IN SPICE which is also GREAT and SPY VS. SPICE which I haven't heard yet.

But he had several singles - The Spirit Of Fear, Pyrospice, Hyperspice, Ant Attack, Amorph and many more and they are all very good ones.

If you haven't heard about Spicelab and you like cosmic, spacey journeys, GET this as fast as you can but I imagine that is probably not available at the moment then find it and download it.

;)

I have all 3 Spicelab albums, and they are very good for sure. You should absolutely get Spy vs Spice seraph, great stuff! As a matter of fact all of them are available at amazon, even at pretty low prices, so there's no excuse for not buying here!  ;)

303136[/snapback]

Hey man, thank you, I will order right now... ;)

But most of them are used or mint condition...I want them NEW...

Huh, there are some new ones but they seem too cheap for sealed ones... ;)

The two best Albums from Spicelab are the two Harthouse releases.

The third is okay, but not great.

303142[/snapback]

How is Spy Vs. Spice ? Is it in the same style as first two ? I saw bigger tracklisting than on previous ones so it means he went more commerical ? ;)

The Hive and most of the reworked singles.. some tunes really go nowhere...just not my taste. I do like the original singles, some other LSG tracks and Into Deep.

303212[/snapback]

:o

You didn't like reworked ambient album ? Fuck ! That is brilliant rework but I guess it is matter of taste...I do agree about The Hive though, it's his weakest effort to date...

Get LSG - Rendez Vous In Outer Space, it's his best album by LSG, followed by very good one Volume 2...

Get The Ambush - The Ambush, I rewieved it here...

;)

Guest Kai-Q

How is Spy Vs. Spice ? Is it in the same style as first two ? I saw bigger tracklisting than on previous ones so it means he went more commerical ? ;)

303160[/snapback]

No this is not fucking commercial crap.

But this is more experimental clubby Techno and House.

It have no more Trance and Ambient elements.

I like the Tracks 5, 8 and 9

Here some samples.

First: I made a big sample which contains all pices from all 9 songs.

http://www.megachwiep.de/Spicelab/Spicelapsamples.mp3

Second: That is a sample from the song "Spy Hard" a very good song from Spicelab. :)

http://www.megachwiep.de/Spicelab/Spy_Hard.mp3

No this is not fucking commercial crap.

But this is more experimental clubby Techno and House.

It have no more Trance and Ambient elements.

I like the Tracks 5, 8 and 9

Here some samples.

First: I made a big sample which contains all pices from all 9 songs.

http://www.megachwiep.de/Spicelab/Spicelapsamples.mp3

Second: That is a sample from the song "Spy Hard" a very good song from Spicelab. :)

http://www.megachwiep.de/Spicelab/Spy_Hard.mp3

303280[/snapback]

AAAAAAhhhhhh !

Experimental House Techno ? Huh...Nevermind, it is still Oliver Lieb...

:D

Guest Kai-Q

AAAAAAhhhhhh !

Experimental House Techno ? Huh...Nevermind, it is still Oliver Lieb...

:D

303287[/snapback]

Yeah, but "Spy vs. Spice" is not so spacey like "Lost in Spice" or "A Day on our Planet".

I got that it will miss exactly that, but what a heck, he was in the middle of same kind of experimenting with LSG project so he probably stayed close to those ideas... ;)

Guest Kai-Q

Btw, do you heared the third Earth Nation album Amnesie or the second album from Resisitance D - A Mondern World of Today?

:o

You didn't like reworked ambient album ?  Fuck ! That is brilliant rework but I guess it is matter of taste...I do agree about The Hive though, it's his weakest effort to date...

Get LSG - Rendez Vous In Outer Space, it's his best album by LSG, followed by very good one Volume 2...

Get The Ambush - The Ambush, I rewieved it here...

;)

303219[/snapback]

I don't like the reworked singles much either, but I really like "The Hive". "The Black Album" is also great, as well as the first two albums which you mentioned. As you said, it's a matter of taste. ;)

Guest Kai-Q

The best track which Oliver Lieb as Spicelab made was "Falling"

At the beginning from the track, the dark atmospheric ambien tune, later the housy techno trance part and at the end the light flying and falling ambient part.

For me his best tracks as Spicelab are A Day On Our Planet and Planet Spice...Those classical parts in the tracks are so delicate, they always soothen my brain perfectly... :)

Have you heard his first album as Oliver Lieb only - Constellation ? Pure ambient perfection...

Guest Kai-Q

For me his best tracks as Spicelab are A Day On Our Planet and Planet Spice...Those classical parts in the tracks are so delicate, they always soothen my brain perfectly... :)

Have you heard his first album as Oliver Lieb only - Constellation ? Pure ambient perfection...

303663[/snapback]

You forget it? -_-

I have all Eye Q - Harthouse - Recycle or Die CD's and some Vinyls. :P;)

I know them all. ;)

Btw, I will sooner or later to take out the samples.

If someone want it, should download it now.

I have all Eye Q - Harthouse - Recycle or Die CD's and some Vinyls. :P  ;)

303681[/snapback]

That is about the only thing I would envy someone...

Those releases and trips are platinum and golden ones...

;)

I only own "The Hive" & I just love its layers & broad, wide soundscapes.

Find it hard to understand how you all find it his weakest album :blink:

This guy knows his stuff & I find it nothing less than amazing, the way he shifts in & out of grooves in the same track & establishes such strong emotional content with just a restricted arsenal of sounds.

Could be the fact that I'm more into progressive music, but still tracks like "Godess" kick any neo full-on track's ass all the way back to Israel :P

So, anyone got any recommendations along the likes of "The Hive" album?

So, anyone got any recommendations along the likes of "The Hive" album?

306008[/snapback]

You can start by getting the earlier L.S.G. albums, except "Into Deep", which is more downtempo. Especially "The Black Album" is in the same style as "The Hive", but the first two albums are also top stuff. The singles collection is also worth picking up. In short: you can't go wrong with Oliver Lieb! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

You can start by getting the earlier L.S.G. albums, except "Into Deep", which is more downtempo. Especially "The Black Album" is in the same style as "The Hive", but the first two albums are also top stuff. The singles collection is also worth picking up. In short: you can't go wrong with Oliver Lieb!  ;)

306355[/snapback]

I tried again to get into The Hive album and it is simply his weakest effort to date...

I still think that cause he is still using the same sounds and structures but it lacks melodies and harmonies, what he had before and was his trademark... ;)