Arp Methodics

Hey Folks,

I've got some trouble making the arp plastify my ideas. I know how it works and know its features etc. , but it is for me difficult to use the way I want it.

My goal is to generate those modulated Goa leads of short full-on riffs. I am not sure though, if those are really arp generated or they just are pure modulations of signals with added Fx.

I find it difficult to operate the arp on hardware synth with those small monochrom LCDs, and not every synth sends the arp's midi data out to record on daw. And most daw's arps are very rudimentary.

My other problem is that the modulated arp recordings(midi) are (in my experience) not very consistent, meaning , what I play is not exactly what I record or playback.

Could someone give me tips and insight how to create modulated riffs and leads FROM SCRATCH.

thanks alot

Hi there, And welcome to the forums!

i do most of my melodies in 32/1, i dont like using arps for goa-like melodies because som notes needs to be a bit different every now and then (my opinion)

i dont know what other people do, but i get great results this way :)