I'm working on this dark song

I'm in the process of making my very fist dark psytrance song (I don't really know if it fits in that category, but it sure is dark) and I'm interested in some feedback. I've made a little more than 3 minutes that I'm happy with so far, but it's hard to come up with new ideas on the same concept. Does anyone have some ideas what more I can add to this song? or maybe something I should remove :)

I've listened to it so much so it's hard for me to see any errors since I've gotten used to them and think they all fit in the song. All constructive criticism is very welcome.

Here's what I've done so far (the ending is just temporary :)):

Grul - Naked Crab (beta)

I can't hear or DL it..

It says that the file has been removed..

294322[/snapback]

Hmm, try here: There may be an error in the dns service

Or maybe the parenthesis messes up the link, in that case try copy and pasting this: http://81.225.142.4/grul_-_naked_crab(beta).mp3

Edit: If none of the above works, try this one: rapidshare

(scroll down and click FREE, then scroll down again and click the download link)

Edit: my roomie is also running a webserver, that's what messes things up with grul.mine.nu, oh well :P Just get it from rapidshare

Cool intro, the hits are shocking, thats great :)

Ok, then the kick needs more emphasis, it needs to get a little heavier, boost the 60-100Hz area and remove any interferences so that it stands out a little more.

All the orchestral things have a Misted Muppet touch, I like that a lot.

Anyway, what you should definately add is more percussion. This way the song sounds very muffled, you gotta need something providing more "clarity". Hats, snares and stuff like that. You might also need a LFOed synth in the background giving more depth or something similar... Keep on working, this has potential :)

Cool intro, the hits are shocking, thats great :)

Ok, then the kick needs more emphasis, it needs to get a little heavier, boost the 60-100Hz area and remove any interferences so that it stands out a little more.

All the orchestral things have a Misted Muppet touch, I like that a lot.

Anyway, what you should definately add is more percussion. This way the song sounds very muffled, you gotta need something providing more "clarity". Hats, snares and stuff like that. You might also need a LFOed synth in the background giving more depth or something similar... Keep on working, this has potential :)

294717[/snapback]

Really nice feedback right there :D I know it turned out really "muffled" and I don't really know why. I like it though, but I've been brainwashed listening to it over and over again while making it :)

About the kick... I think I've been using a little too much of my subwoofer when I made this song, it sounds great for me :D I'll try listening to it with headphones or turning down the bass a little :)

I don't really know what LFO means, but I've seen it a hundred times everywhere so I can probably find out just checking a tutorial somewhere.

Now the best part of this feedback is being compared to Misted Muppet :D One of my all-time favourite groups. I'm glad you like what I have produced so far and I'll definitely keep on working with this :)