!! Attention !! for new HUMAN BLUE

Guest Setsuko

Spiral Trax strikes again !!! man i can't belive my own ears .. this can't be real , first we had Atmos' Headcleaner , then 2001 by S-Range and now the new Human Blue - ELECTRIC ROUNDABOUT...

the style is extremely trancy , very deeeeep progressive psytrane with enormous atmospheric soundscapes and lots of MELODIES ...

it's not full-on , it's pure psytrance ... the real trance :-)

the new Logic Bomb is worth nothing compared with this masterpiece

I'm shocked :-)

cd_humanblue2.jpg

Track listing:

1. Memorexis

2. Intercity

3. Dream Creator

4. Calculated

5. Aerostar

6. Cosmic Approach

7. Carpe Diem

8. Electric Roundabout

Guest didge

I really enjoy it - yes, maybe a tad commercial and a tad too trancy but who gives a flying fig - it is really nice =)

Guest Syre

As I stated in my own review, this is quite good! Memorexis keeps surprising me, hear it stoned people, it's so fuckin kick ass. ;-)

Guest russ

funny album, it pulls me both ways. at one point i like a track until dag pushes a bit far with the epic club melodies...it's super fluffy, but the layering is done so nicely that it has very psychedelic moments. this is going to be love/hate for most people, methinks. (i know why you dislike it, but go easy on it chong!). most girls are going to love this one. setsuko, are you of the fairer, gentler, and prettier sex?

dag makes two totally different styles of trance: fluffy, and deep groovy. this is his fluffy side. would like to see him release an album in the style of the iboga/aries tracks he did a while back. "lo-fi scream" on the transient compilation was wicked deep, as was "the web".

side-note: i had human blue over for a party last year, and he played two short sets, one groovy, one fluffy. the fluffy was too soft for me, but my girlfriend (and a number of other girls too) told me she almost cried, so Dag is doing something right!

bom to the girls and soft fluffy guys and soft fluffy tunes!

(but give me Mahasuka and Antix...)

Guest Setsuko

well , I guess i'm a softy guy then :-)

I like it smooth , but sometimes a bit harder too .. i dunno , i just like psytrance :-)

btw , aerostar is so insane :-)

I really like the technical aspects of this album.. i think what dag really breaks ground in is the fact that he sticks to his well worked formula, putting in a few well chosen sounds and then layering them intricately to keep it interesting at all times.. this is what i feel a lot of minimal artists fail in doing, i dunno but listening to minimal tracks (even high quality ones like son kite for eg.) i sometimes get the feeling of it being too technical and programmed.. sure they make the beat, but then they leave the same monotone going for too long... this is what makes it boring for me, . with human blue one never gets the feel of this lazyness from the artist.. dag is always messing with the beat in one way or another, never letting the same loop drag for too long.... this is what to my mind is really good progressive trance... but at times this really gets too fluffy.. so there is still room for improvement....

Guest Zaraknon

Setsuko or russ, let me know, does it sound like Sandal Wood or Electric Harmony? These tracks are quite fluffy too but don't sound clubby imo. I would't say they're minimal either but simply good intelligent melodic trance. If the new album is in that style then I should get it ASAP :)

np: Tristan - Martian Arts