Fractal Glider hits the spot

Guest Slidingtrancer

Fractal Glider has the new albumrelease in Januar :D

needless to say, I love FG. Too bad their first album Fraud wasn't that strong. The new songs are cool though, especially Karmic Implications and Witch Doctor

See http://www.boomrecords.com/comingsoon.html for further details

What do you guys think of the cover.... I like it :D

I can't wait to get this, I'm so stoked

hehe, i'm lucky enough to have heard this cd a few times... and believe me you won't be disappointed, it'll be just what's needed to give to warm up January; I've also heard that Boom! are going to be releasing the Rastaliens album, so somthing else to look forward to :o)

Guest Maximum Nipple Tweakage

i saw fractal play a lot of his new material (live) at earthcore a couple of weeks ago and, oh my god... they are fucken killers... there is one track which matches dark soho in terms of powerful guitar... even kicks em...

and mr. peculiars albums gonna blow everyone away too! So many gems in those magical sets!

Guest Slidingtrancer

Yeah I heard some peculiar stuff as well, i heard charlies trip and hell issit a trip :D

Briliant.....

Wow,... BOOM! seems to hold nice stuff for me in the new year

RAstaliens are cool :D

Guest mr peculiar

fractal and i will both be playing live at the space tribe party here in melbourne tommorow

and we both have an arsenal of new music for the melbourne crowd

if anyone needs directions to the party visit www.tribe-adelic.com

thats the only place directions will be posted

and not till the last minute :)

see you in the bush

BOM

Guest AtomicCow

I didn't like Fractal's tracks. Chasing Ganesh was cool for three listens but then it got boring. Aside from the sample there isn' t much to it. And Witch Doctor is just boring crap. Nothing memorable about that track at all. Now Mr. Peculiar on the other hand...

Guest Slidingtrancer

Whats wrong with Witchdoctor? You must've flapped your ears backwards or something. The part from 1.10 on with that great synth, its wonderfull. Perfect full-on track, high energy and very uplifting and darkish. ( the melody I mean)

I can't see why people don't like this and DO like GMS and for instance Nomad. This is just great full-on, perfect melody blends in at 2.15 and it stays very uplifting. You probably don't think its memorable because it stays on such a high level.... ( or something like that). Chasing ganesha was a funny track, not per se a great track, but always brought a smile to my face on the dancefloor. The part at 4.40 is just great when you put it on a very high volume. The cubbards were dancing with me here.... :D I must agree this is not THE most memorable track on the planet, but far more memorable than anything midimiliz or XV Kilist has ever made. Talking about Mr. Peculiar, I love that track 'Charlies trip' I really do, but in the middle it stays on the surface, it doesn't keep a high (energy) level. I really think the beginning is very strong, during the middle it gets boring and predictable and to the end it gets better again. Not too impressed with it overall, an interesting midpart discerns the good producer from the bad. Not that I'm saying that Mr. Peculiar is bad...oh no... but he has some @!#$ to learn I guess ( dont we all)

Guest mr peculiar

hehe

considering that track was made over a year ago on outdated gear that is a fair comment about charlies trip

i also was never realy happy with the mastering

since then though i have produced over two albums worth of music to be released early next year and i can assure you that it is a lot better than what i have released to this date so far

i cant wait to unleash it for all to critisize

BOM

Guest phaeton

hmm, most tracks i've heard from fractal glider were okayish, some very cool and memorable parts, _but_ unfortunately many of them get ruined by the cheesy melody disease :-/

my favourite fractal glider tune is 'goa len remix', really cool acid sounds .. slow but energetic :) too bad it gets totally ruined in the end too by some horrible not-so-well-tuned melody .. so it's best to mix a new track in before that part begins! :)

'chasing ganesha' is a marvellous track, but again there's something i really dislike about it and that is the high 'pizzicato-esque' melody that enters at 3:11 .. well maybe it isn't really a pizzicato sound but it does sound like something cheddarfreaks like faithless or other eurotrancers love to use ;)

and then 'witchdoctor' .. ugh ... ugly growly sounds and melodies that make me nervous in a most unpleasant way .. don't want to waste words on that one, even though i guess i would dance to it if someone played it on the dancefloor ...

peace 'n good vibes :)

rik aka phaeton

Guest Tranceptor

What the hell is cheezy about FG, Alien Project is cheezy, not FG, its really close to oldschool type of melodymaking .... but I agree some melodies should be in Minor not in Major...

Guest Slidingtrancer

Typical Phaeton comment: exactly the opposite of what I'm saying, theres alwasy some cheeze involved, allways 'its a great track BUT'

Can't a track just be a GREAT track with a butt?

Always peace and the good vibes, which seem to lack if you think about most songs like that ( which I presume you don't )

BTW, its not a pizzicato

Guest Tranceptor

You ever heard 'Detonator', It's the freaking bomb man

It makes the name full-on look like polka, its shredding my speakers apart at the moment

Guest phaeton

well ingmar .. i don't think a track can be a great track with a 'but' :) it can still be a good one though ...

and yeah maybe i'm a bit too criticizing sometimes, but there are just a lot of artists out there who obviously have a lot of talent but just still need to develop a bit .. i personally think fractal glider is one of them, but i might be totally wrong and maybe they just enjoy melodies that sound cheesy to me :)

i also tend to think for example that while infected mushroom is very good, a lot of their tracks still have elements (especially samples) that sound kinda 'immature' to me ... very talented, but just not yet the fully grown sound of for example simon posford and the likes ;)

but please don't get the image that i don't like anything at all ;) my taste in music is very diverse, but can also be quite picky sometimes indeed .. and because we're talking about australian music in this thread, i''d like to point you to what i think is the best australian track ever, and one of the best psytrance tracks ever in general too: fluoro conspiracy - ancient suns

about the peace and the good vibes .. it's something i wish to the reader man, it doesn't mean that i feel like that at all ;) don't be offended by it, idiot :)