ABSOLUM VS THEOREME

7. Big Mystery

AZAX SYNDROM AND SEROXAT

8. Timecodes

MENOG

9. The toy

TICKETS

-----

Yep, Timecode is back with another Hard Full On killer compilation. The well known SA artists like Phyx,Artifakt,Tickets etc together with big names like Azax Syndrom and CPU and some new ones like Abomination and Hydraglyph.

Here we go!

First track from Mr.A himself. Artifakt gives us another great tune with his unique style. Strange to categorise it. It's Full On, Dark or something else? Who cares? It's great. Less darker than his previous tunes and much more atmospheric Mr.D is very good but not his best track. I was expecting more variation in the last melody but it's still good.Next is Phyx with a super killer track. Typical Phyx style, hard,fast but a bit (only a bit) funky. The last minutes after the climax is so intense!!! Great!

Next is CPU. One of my fav artists nowadays. The problem with the new Samy tracks is that they sound all the same and although they're crazy they sound a bit uninspired. I prefer his old more agressive style but Tactical Interface is stiil a good track. Next is a collaboration of Phyx with Abomination. Again hard style, typical South Africa. Hard with great bassline, not much to say again.

Track 5 from Hydraglyph. I think they're SA too. The only sure is that they sound like that. Hard full on again with AWESOME production, ''heavy'' atmospheres and an amazing, superb climax. Fucking great,one of the best here!!!

Next is a collaboration of Japanese freak Theoreme with Absolum. This track is again intense full on but different from the usual SA sound. It's not phat and less hard but still fast and agressive. The bassline could be better but the climax is great. I was hoping for a better melody in the end but it's really good. Another collaboration this time darker. Azax Syndrom and Seroxat. This track is 70% Azax style and 30% Seroxat. I said it before, Azax kicks ass! Agressive style with dark melodies and madness to the max. This track is exactly all that with some noisy sounds from Seroxat. Insane....

Track 8 from Portugese Menog. Typical new Menog style. Full on but not commercial. Nice track although it's too typical for Menog and the melodies could be better, but still good.

And last, the man with the strange name. Tickets! (wtf? :blink: ) liitle brother of Phyx. It starts with a morning melody kinda Israeli full on-ish but the bass, the kick and the production is SA 100%. In the middle of the track he makes some tricks with the melody and after that...... A climax... But what climax.... OH MY GOD!!! Amazing melody, amazing sound,amazing track! I almost fell from my chair with this track. Jesus!

Overall? It's South African it can't be bad. It's great. Not so good as The Turning but still a kick ass release.Highly recommended. 9.5/10

Fav:2(!!),4(!),5(!!!),6,7(!!!),9(!!!!!)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Journey Man Project

Lovely compilation, but not as good as The Turning or New Blood... love the Azax track (always the best!!) and Ticekts :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Le Lotus Bleu

1. Artifakt (Matt De Nobrega) has cooked a a tune with a sad feeling, that is not so common indeed. You can especially enjoy it through the classical music harmony break around at 3’00 or also at 5’45. Around some naughty bats likely sounds make irruption. Mr D for D-pression or Dracula, as you want, is tied up with previous Artifakt’s track Nosferatu, less unpolished but more focused on the atmosphere.

2. Spectre is the typical Timecode production : energic, powerful & boisterous nevertheless Phyx (Ian Summs) this time didn’t used or abused of the barking lead or at least he modified it a bit which results fresher to me. If you appreciate cybershots sonic fireworks explosion, you’ll be served (at 2’15 & 6’36).

3. The numerous CPU (Samy Guediche) fans, from whom i don’t belong, will be pleased with Tactical Interface. Personally between the few tracks i got from this artist, i don’t see major differences, always the same squeaking lead for example.

4. In Flatline, the first think that hooked me is the rythmic, to be more precize it’s the hithat (from 0’30) & clap (from 0’40) combo rushing down the stairs effect. Around 3’15 there’s a little accelerating sound like in old tv serie with bionic man Steve Austin when he was starting to run. Actually things bolt few time later at 3’44, the melodic lead gets ,at its turn, contamined by the rushing down the stairs effect. It’s only at the very final part i could see a reason why Abomination (E.Gerson, S.Davidov) & Phyx have called this song Flatline coz things after rushing down don’t move anymore, that’s what happens with a final linear bass.

5. I wasn’t delighted by the perspective of listening an Absolum (Christof Drouillet) tune, as his productions didn’t amaze me recently. Indeed it was counting without Theoreme (Takashi Sasaki), i never listened to something from him before, and now i regret it as this cooperation is interesting & Theoreme appears as a revelation to me. Weekly Mansion 402 is a real heavy crazy night full on track, your eardrums are in the same situation the salad is, when you wring dry it in the salad spinner (listen carefully the background from 3’43). During the long break before the new spinning tempest, there’s some good psychotic twisted chimes from 5’40 & a nice siren warning sound around 7’00 announcing the paroxysmic hostilities.

6. Hydraglyph (M.Ackerman, A.Morgan) delivers in System Critical some sounds near from an electric hedge clipping (from 1’25) & the circular saw (from 4’55) in a gloomy atmosphere. A glacial church bell rings in guise of break at 2’55 soon followed by a plaintive lead at 3’40. The final (after 6’30) is very dark-tormented tasty.

7. Azax Syndrome (R Azaria) & Seroxat (O.Maoz) team up for delevering us a nightmare soundtrack where you evoluate in an haunted environnement with deaf sounds sort of ghost’s breath (like at 0’38 ) or distant gloomy invisible horse’s whynnying (at 1’04) , a glacial wind blowing (at 3’20) & some madly desesperated man cries (from 5’40)conferring an verry nice high tense feeling to Big Mystery.

8. Menog (Dani Bernardo) surfes a bit on the previous track atmosphere with tremolos in his first lead, except this very beginning of the track, it never really catches my attention. Nevertheless i must admitt it’s a perfect transition between Big Mystery & the Tickets track as it seems to take influences from both without equal their quality though.

9. Try to imagine what could be a Timecode tune for kids without any commercial compromises, you should nearly get what The Toy sounds like. Tickets (J.Summs) has found a strange lead (from 0’27) which is very astonishing to be heard on a Timecode production. Actually it consists in a happy, mischievous, light, colourful sound, indeed it represents exactly all the opposite from what we’re used from Timecode. Tickets plays with the end of The Toy, hacking it (from 5’50 ), so definitivly there’s a ludic, childish feeling residing here.

Climaxs :5,6,9

Alternative choices :1,4,7

7,5/10