Another new tune (Numbers)

i like the bass and kick, but the bass comes in too quick...

try building the intro a little more, or at least make some kind of flow before u introduce the bass and kick together...

i like the groove, some of the sounds seem kinda out of tune, but maybe it's meant that way i dunno... yeah that pad coming at around 2min sounds off... just doesn't fit with the bass....

some of the sounds like that echoed one after the pad, might need more processing , more fx for ex.

then the melody around 3 min until 4 min is a little too monotonous, try not repeating it for that many measures...

so not bad as a whole, work on ur leads and melodies more, and on the general flow of the track...

so not bad as a whole, work on ur leads and melodies more, and on the general flow of the track...

267476[/snapback]

Thanks mate, that really was the sort of advice I was looking for. Structure wise I was going for 16 bar "phrases", do you think I'd be better off with 32 bars, at least for the start before the bass kicks in ?

Andy

Kick is very hard, but I like it. The bass is ok, though I think you should try it with less resonance.

The percussion works quite well for me. The pads as well. The gated synth starting at 3:00 could use some work because they distort.

I think some of your synths are too dominant, you should consider turning them down a bit, it causes distortion and some clipping in parts. Especially the pads could be softened if you ask me.

Have to say it was a well arrange track with some wicked breaks and surprises. Keep it up! :)