939 or 754 pin motherboard..?

My guess is that the difference is about 185 pins!?

Sorry - I have no idea... I'm a computer moron, but I thought I'd just bump your thread here so someone with knowledge will see it...

:huh:

DP

264916[/snapback]

For the future, the 939 platform looks much better. AMD seems to be fading out the 754 product line. There is a VERY thorough (and technical) article about AMD's and Intel's processor lines here:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2418

Recommended reading, but it requires some background knowledge and lots of patience and concentration =)

Lol, u still looking for a PC are you?

I have no idea either actually, besides the fact that they're both AMD64 boards - never really been an AMD person, although I like their new 64bit multicore chips more than intel's. Why don't you go do some homework at

www.tomshardware.com

You'll find everything you could possibly every need to know about PC's there and they write the best reviews.

Cheers ;)

BTW m8, this is a production forum, not a hardware issues one.

Lol, u still looking for a PC are you?

I have no idea either actually, besides the fact that they're both AMD64 boards - never really been an AMD person, although I like their new 64bit multicore chips more than intel's. Why don't you go do some homework at

www.tomshardware.com

You'll find everything you could possibly every need to know about PC's there and they write the best reviews.

Cheers ;)

BTW m8, this is a production forum, not a hardware issues one.

264925[/snapback]

:lol: LOL, yeah im actually ordering my pc on fri, get payed YAY!!! :lol:

but im just making a few more adjustments, cause i can spend abit more cause i get a 40% discount on the price(after vat) if i buy through the company i work for, its some sorta government benefit thing B) ...