>>for the openminded<<

if you for some strange reason haven´t read the book 'Celestine Prophecy' yet then you should

http://www.celestinevision.com/

just read the guestbook to see peoples reactions on it and make a decision if you want to change your life to the better....

give it a chance! =)))

BOM!

"Too often humans cut themselves off from the greater source of this energy and so feel weak and insecure. To gain energy we tend to manipulate or force others to give us attention and thus energy. When we successfully dominate others in this way, we feel more powerful, but they are left weakened and often fight back. Competition for scarce, human energy is the cause of all conflict between people."

how do you do to make people notise you?

1. do you act like you don´t care for people to ask what you´re thinking?

2. do you cry for people to feel sorry for you?

3. do you see faults in everything other people do for them to notise you?

4. do you scare people and get violent to get their full attention?

think about it..........

Guest dam10n

rather than hack the celestin prophecy to pieces can i suggest people steer clear of this, it's pure commercial self help capitalising on worthlessness and really isn't fair. jamed redfield deserves to feel jolly unhappy with himself.

dam10n: you don't like that book do you? you don't like self help in general do you? you like drugs don't you?

just curious...

This is going to sound terrible, and I'm normally not a harsh person, but... The Celestine Prophecy is the biggest piece of derivative trash I ever had the misfortune to lay eyes on. How anyone can think this book is worth reading is beyond me. People told me about this book and I was ready for something life changing, truely revolutionary. Hah! What a joke.

Now you've really got me thinking about that book. I remember back after I first read it. It was almost worth reading just for the puzzle factor. I sat there racking my brain trying to figure out how this guy ever got it published in the first place. How could anyone read it and think it was good, or had anything new to offer, or was based on any genuine genius type insight? Totally baffling. I've read philosophical books that I didn't agree with, but I had respect for the author. I could still see where he/she was coming from and why it might appeal to some, but NOT the Celestine prophecy. It reads like it was written by a 10 year old. TRASH!

Guest dam10n

DD: not too hot on drugs, no problem with self-help in general either - essentially it's giving people a different perspective on their lives and circumstances and if that gets people through the day then nobody should deprive them of that. And I'm writing one so it's not prejudice against the genre.

But Celestine Prophecy is, as Mr. Khogg says, completely insulting on an intelligence level, it does sound like it was written by a ten year old, it's an utter cash in, its ideas are very corny and completely unsubstantiated, and no respect for Redfield (who, interestingly, has published a stream of other books following in the same vein and makes a mint out of 'workshops' in the US).

Any book that tells you that you are born as one half of a whole entity and you should devote your life to finding the spirit of that other entity within you is totally off course. It's sickly and just tells people what they want to hear.

It's a complete travesty that something as fictional and lame as this proports to offer people something meaningful in their lives, he is an utter utter charlatan.

when i read the book myself i read it totally unobjectively....

no matter HOW the book is written it´s common sense that most people don´t think about.....i don´t belive in all of it but some things are hard to deny....

i know the way he wrote isn´t the most complex way to write but have in mind that not all people are that educated....

don´t you think it´d be alot better for everyone if they treated eachother with respect instead of trying to put on an act for attention?

isn´t that hat this whole Goa scene was all about from the beginning?

i mean, i bet there are loads of books talking about the same things but are you saying that everything in this book is just mumbo jumbo? no commmon sense at all? =)

Guest dam10n

=)

>don´t you think it´d be alot better for everyone if they treated eachother with respect instead of trying to put on an act for attention?

Hmm okay, okay... obviously it's important to respect people's choice about what they read (it's cornerstone to free society) and I will concede that some of the things in there are, while common sense, kinda openng-up principles (like this thread said, for the openminded - and as a book it's probably opened more minds than shpongle has :o) for example).

BUT

It's unfair the way he seems to offer something unsubstantiated, a kind of connection with something ancient and mystical yet also futuristic and spacey, it's bordering on religion really... don't you think it's a little unfair for him to offer quite so much?

I mean I seriously doubt these peruvian manuscripts exist, but whatever he should present it as a work of fiction NOT an anthropological study...?

dam10n: True the book is a fictionious story (He is not saying it is a real story, tho he might be presenting it as it was). But it inspires people and makes people thirst for more knowledge about life and themselves (Atleast it did for me). For me it was like the first time I used LSD. Everything just made sense and I quit drugs ever since I read that book. I started fullfilling my dreams and am on my way doing that right now and i'm closer than ever reaching them.

Wheter the story, layout and the writing techniques and such are professional and intellectual etc. doesn't really matter as long as the book can grab the reader and wake him/her to a new reality; a totally psychedelic experience. The strenght doesn't lay in that It's about the book or his workshops but rather finding that you're the one with the power within to make a change for the world and urself. For this task the book is ideal.

I haven't read a single book since this that has inspired me more. Even tho they have been better presented as intellectual books with a right on attitude to the religion, psychology, paraphysics, chemistry, health etc. But all in all it's the same story. All the books kinda make sense on different levels and are part of this bigger whole. Like a hologram. Depending on what mindset (point of view) you start off with you get different things out of each book.

Well... Some people like to read books for their ability to make them move away from everyday reality. There's all kinds of people reading books; some people read books for educational use, some people read books for inspiration and then there's some people that read books because all of this. I'm one of those in the latter.

There is always books better than others for every individual in comparison with eachother once this individual starts looking & finding such. This is the human nature to always compare things (They do this all the time in psynews :). Children usually don't do this therefore everything is almost magic, fresh and inspirational to them until they reach adolescense, that's when they start questioning things and see how everything really hang together with their rational mind.

I won't go further. I kinda made the point. As long as the book has anything to offer to anyone, it's a book worth reading. some may like it some may not but liking something or not is only different side of the same coin.

Luv. DD.

Guest bugbread

Hmm...I have never even heard of the book, but I looked over the little "questionairre" posted above:

how do you do to make people notise you?

1. do you act like you don´t care for people to ask what you´re thinking?

2. do you cry for people to feel sorry for you?

3. do you see faults in everything other people do for them to notise you?

4. do you scare people and get violent to get their full attention?

And the answers were "No, no, no, and no", so I somehow doubt the book has anything to offer me anyway. I do odd things or say concluding statements without exposition to get attention, but these harm neither myself nor others, and are a lot of fun...

This book won't tell you anything that you couldn't work out for yourself and it is aimed at a fairly gullible audience I think - but it wasn't entirely without merit. I wouldn't recommend it, but I haven't put the copy I was given in the bin or anything. Maybe if you had never taken an interest in psychology or spirituality in any form this might be a starting point, but I always got the strong feeling it was a cash-in on other much more profound ideas presented for people who wouldn't normally bother reading anything you couldn't buy at the airport.

bomble

Guest didge

yeah, i just couldn't get past the first twenty pages as i too felt my intelligence was insulted - i could'nt get over how immature the writing was.

the reason i picked it up however, is because i have been told by many people (including intelligent ppl) that it is a great book.

i think bombles onto something - maybe you get alot more out of the book if you read it at a certain stage/age of your life or if it is one of the first of this-kinda-book you've read, but i shouldn't be really passing judgement, as i never finished the thing in the first place.

Guest dam10n

>I always got the strong feeling it was a cash-in on other much more profound

>ideas presented for people who wouldn't normally bother reading anything you

>couldn't buy at the airport.

LOL, most witty my good man - job at the sunday times for you I think

maybe when, in the next ten years, schools are obliged to trip their students and educate them about tim leary (and MFG and California Sunshine if you prefer), this book could be the starter for ten to open enough minds so you can slide Kant in round the back door.