Newby to Production (Equipment?)

Juno-D has is a sort of all-in-one synth with a lot of features you may never use when it comes to trance. It's also short of knobs and is more based on using the many sounds included rather than experiment and creating your own, and I don't think the sounds are directed for trance music. Still it may be good and with some creativity it may be useful for trance too, there're just other synths better suited for that.

The SH-201, on the other hand, has a build-up that seems perfect for both a starting synth and for making trance. I haven't heard it yet but if it lives up the SH name, you can expect very good sound, so check it out.

Edit: So all in all I guess Juno-D is a good starting "how to play and work with a synth", where SH-201 is more a "how to create and experiment with sounds" synth (which is more or less the most basic thing in making trance)

599881[/snapback]

Yeah i got this feeling too from reading reviews and specs.Its more of a sample based synth,so it limits creativity.

Also knobs are essential.They are the temple of the human soul. :P

The sh201 is getting hot in my want list.Its also analogue modelling right?thats a plus for me!

I will try to audition it,its was released not so long ago right?i hope i will find it in stores.

Also a synth i would dream to have is a JP8000.If i can find a bargain on that,its MINE! :D

DO you know any ongoing prices for it? New would be ideal but second hand will do.am not talking about ebay,firstly i dont trust it,and secondly i dont want to get a puzzle sunth(it will probably get broken in a 1000 pieces in the shipping) ;)

Do you have any other synths i can look for? :)

btw thanks again man,you are the only one who bothered to help me! :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youre right, sorry, didnt looked.. So what u gona choose? U got many synths to decide on.. Or are u searchin for more recomendations?

600097[/snapback]

oh am not sure at all what i am gonna get...maybe the roland sh-201.or the korg ms2000 if i can find it,but its a bit expensive...

am looking for recomendations though!!

btw do you know any online shops that have a lot of synths? so i can look at the prices! ;)

Man u are making me jelous.. The guy from whom I bought my Micron had that ms2000 and one oberheim and I seriously recommend it, forget that new roland and buy korg if u can, its a great synth but maybe not for beginners..

And no I didnt look for the shops but will post if I find any..

Here is something synthmuseum

synthzone

600128[/snapback]

lol dont be jealous man,am gonna get a synth IF i manage to find the money,i will propably wait till christmas!

so you reccomend the korg instead of the roland?what is the price that you found it???

actually what i would really like to have is a korg polysix.do you know it? its amazing! I really wonder if i coul find it and what would the price be! :)

Man u are making me jelous.. The guy from whom I bought my Micron had that ms2000 and one oberheim and I seriously recommend it, forget that new roland and buy korg if u can, its a great synth but maybe not for beginners..

And no I didnt look for the shops but will post if I find any..

Here is something synthmuseum

synthzone

600128[/snapback]

Have you tried it?? I don't think so...

damn i want that polysix....

so its either

roland sh-201

korg ms2000

anything else i may have forgotten?

and of course if i can find any other synths(jp8000,polysix) at a bargain.

i will start my research in shops soon. :)

damn i want that polysix....

so its either

roland sh-201

korg ms2000

anything else i may have forgotten?

and of course if i can find any other synths(jp8000,polysix) at a bargain.

i will start my research in shops soon. :)

600303[/snapback]

If you really want a polysix, you should check out Korg Legacy collection.

If you are looking for an affordable used synth I would say Roland Juno 60/106 or SH-101. (But don't pay too much - 400EUR at max). And don't pay too much for the ms2000 either.. It's good nut nothing special

For trance music the most used synths are probably Juno 60/106 or Clavia Nordlead (2/2x) and they are all good for starting too. The latter is probably the best of all the synths mentioned here and can even be found for a decent price, so look out for that one too!

If you really want a polysix, you should check out Korg Legacy collection.

If you are looking for an affordable used synth I would say Roland Juno 60/106 or SH-101. (But don't pay too much - 400EUR at max). And don't pay too much for the ms2000 either.. It's good nut nothing special

For trance music the most used synths are probably Juno 60/106 or Clavia Nordlead (2/2x) and they are all good for starting too. The latter is probably the best of all the synths mentioned here and can even be found for a decent price, so look out for that one too!

600326[/snapback]

you mean the vst? i have it,its what got me hooked on the polysix ;)

thanks for the advices.its a bit messy in my head right now,but i will tour the shops,and that will put some focus in this whole operation!

going to try to save some money too :ph34r:

Well I have one and only source for Juno 60 and Virus B but the problems is I dont have the money now since I gotta recover from paying my Micron, anyway I highly sugest Juno 60 and virus B if u can find that..

Carnage what should be min and max price for juno and virus second-hand?

and I didnt try that other synth but I heard ms2000 and it sounds good..

Well I have one and only source for Juno 60 and Virus B but the problems is I dont have the money now since I gotta recover from paying my Micron, anyway I highly sugest Juno 60 and virus B if u can find that..Carnage what should be min and max price for juno and virus second-hand?

and I didnt try that other synth but I heard ms2000 and it sounds good..

600693[/snapback]

I agree.

max price for juno 60, I would say 400-450EUR. 400 would be a fair price but they can sometimes be found cheaper.

For Virus B.. hmm I don't really know, but I wouldn't pay more than 600EUR.

Don't bother min. prices :P

The ms2000 is a good synth, yes, but for some reason I just never liked Korgs sound too much, I think ms2000 sound a bit too thin in the higher frequencies. But that's just my taste.