Astral Projection - Dissapointed

Guest stringtheory

I had ordered AP - In the Mix and it just arrived in the mail today. And while there were some goods songs, (A few I had heard before and enjoyed which is why I bought the album) I thought overall the album was a bit weak. I was ready to have my socks knocked off, and got dissapointed real quick. It just felt too simple. And the mixing was not very good. Not anything like I thought it would be. Any thoughts peeps ??

I like it. It's not their best album that's for sure, but great for lending, or putting on for the less fanatic. On the whole, I only wish they'd added a third CD with the new tracks on it unmixed. But as mixed CD's go, this is one of the best for me, and I don't like mixed CD's so that's saying something.

Guest Mike D

This is probably the worst mixed cd I won. hey really did butcerh with the remixes. When I first got this a year ago, I had just seen them live and it sounded grat, now I rarely listen to it because it is just annoying I no longer find much of Astral's music exciting, it has been copied and overdone so many times, I think that the european side of psytrance is actualy much more innovative and exciting, much more willing to expand their mind and take calculated risks, whereas Israel sticks to the same formula, minus a few. Out of artist from Israel, Space Cat (Avi Algranati) is by the the most exciting and innuative.

Guest Rumz

I dont like it.

I bought it as soon as it came out htinking.. yeah... astral projection..i ant go wrong....

BUT... most of the tracks are old, the mixing is not very good... and well it just doesnt cut it as an album...

I was also very dissapointed.... i think it was about then when astral projection were knocked of my top spot for favourite group.

RumZ

Guest firgo

MAN......!!!!!!!!!

Today you are famous if you talk bad things for Astral Projection....and no one will admit that he still listens to them....Fucking Bastards!!!!!!!!

P.S.Astral Projection invented the genre.Show some R.E.S.P.E.C.T!!!!!

PLUR

Astral Projection did not invent the genre.... they were certainly pioneers, but don't give them all the credit.

bomble

Guest didge

Well I never got into AP - I guess I used to like some of their tracks - and just because they helped shape psytrance scene into what it is today - doesn't mean anyone has to like the music.

And some people just don't listen to them (and never have) - so it's not that we don't admit it - it's that we just don't enjoy it as much as you.

But that is good for you! Not bad! =)

Guest hoffy

Yeah I wouldn't bother buying InTheMix because i've got pretty much every track anyway and with the money i could spend on Inthemix i could buy something better

and on the topic of astral projection live, i saw them 3 times and i've got to say they were BORING!!!! I had a wonderful night dancing to them, being off my trolley and hearing 3 hours of tracks that i knew and loved.. but they didn't make any effort to change their music, i was at least expecting some sort of unreleased edits of their music, a few slightly different versions.. instead it sounded like all the mix tapes my friends braught back from israel ;)

still they're my favourite group.. People Can Fly, Nilaya, Visions of Nasca... all classics ;)

Guest Rumz

@!#$ Firgo...

I mean come on.. I didnt diss them... Itold you i used to love them the original Madehva is one of my all time favourite tracks..... I just said that the in the mix album was dissapointing....

Infact that is all any of us said.... Calm down man

RumZ

Guest dEc-0-y

to start off id like to say that i love astral project for some of the work they have done ... of course i havent heard any good music from them in a few years. they have really done downhill!

has anyone heard this song "POWER GEN ( LIVE SOMEWHERE IN NOWHERE )." i downloaded this off mp3.com ... it looks like they took the orignal track and just put some crowd sample over it during the parts where a crowd would make some noise but i listened to it closely and it is the same sample played a few times... geez how lame ...

Guest stringtheory

Firgo: How lame.... I mean come on...kirking out on a message forum ??? What is that about. Nobody said a damn rude thing about AP, they just gave their opinion on the album. Relax boss!

Guest firgo

SORRy For That!!!!

Thats Was A BAD Day( I mean...Really Bad Day)....

BUT!

I still think that AP is fantastic,one of the best an so ....by the way....how many artists have 3 fantastic albums?????one hand count,huh????Even Infected Mushroom doesn't have 3 fantastic albums.....Hallucinogen also....but AP have...ok,not 3 but 4!!!

Again,sorry for the F-word and the B-word!

PLUR