help with nuendo/cubase and real instruments

hello, i have a problem, perhaps this has happened to someone else too. ive been working on a track in nuendo and cubase (its the same problem for both) using a korg ms2000 and a novation nova. i have them both hooked up to my comp via an interface.

i write a bassline in nuendo and it plays through. eventually it gets to the point where one of the notes becomes "stuck" and even when i press stop, the nova is still holding that note and doesnt let go until i turn the nova off. at first i thought it was a nova problem, but when i plugged in the korg, it does the same thing. do you guys know whats happening? it would be great to get some feedback.

The problem you are having is a standard and well known problem. The Midi protocol consists of several parts:

Basic:

1. Note on, Which note (0-127), Velocity (0-127)

2. Note Off, Which note (0-127)

your Keybord is not getting the "note off" signal, and thats why the note is hanging...This could be due to a problem with your midi interface especialy if you are using the "Joystick Port" or an older interface. The buffer gets overloaded and misses a "note off" out. So what can you do? My advice if you are using "Joystick Port" or an older interface, throw them in the bin and buy a new one. If you have a relativley new one then check settings or get the latest version of the driver for the interface.

Hope this is of some help.

That happens on my ESQ1 if i use the same note twice in a row if the first note doesn't end before the second note starts. It's physsically impossible to play that way (pressing the key down twice without releasing it in between) so i guess thats why it doesn't like when i program it that way in my sequencer. <_<

But those newer synthmodels that you mention are probably not as quirky as the ESQ1. :lol:

well at least im not the only one with this problem :P ....nemo, do you know i can use non-emulated ports?? every single one of my midi in/out ports is emulated......also, i have a sound blaster audigy 2 sound card with an interface, a midisport 2x2 and an m-audio radium49 midi controller.....that radium has a midi out on it, so i dont plug anything into the joystick port.