4. Mahamudra – Metal Ethnic

5. Tactic Mind – Troy

6. Visual Contact – Naughty Boy

7. Tripteaser – Heart, Brain & Soul

8. Freakulizer – Summer’s Amost Gone

9. Electro Sun & Brain Damage – Hypnotic Voices

Compiled by Dj F-Rat

Mastering : Dj Bog

1. Noga (Noga Sudai, formerly member of Cosmic Tone) delivers us a groovy morning atmospheric tune with arpeggios for Moksha Mama. Sometimes i feel some leads to be cheesy but it’s globally ok, ideal for a sweat waking or just before the sleep in order to make nice dreams.

2. Blackout (Elad Oahana & Oren Azulay) Black Energy, it’s probably one of their first track, so i should be indulgent, this tune doesn’t fill up dancefloors but also doesn’t clear them out. A skeleton key full on track that could fits in lots of dj sets.

3. Dooper Doopler (Nave Ilia) Here It Comes, i’m shared between the pleasure of getting a new Dooper Doopler production & the very average musical result (full on). We are very far away from the quality of Confused (his first track, much more proggy & morning oriented) but at this time, there were 2 others people in the band (Roy Riback + Maor Haddad) , it explains a lot the difference.

4. Mahamudra (Ran Malka & Eyal Cohen) i was estonished by the tracklenght of this one : over 9 minutes, it’s getting rare today in psytrance whereas it was still usual 4-5 years ago. Indeed i was wondering if it could be a sign of strong inspiration and i was right. As it’s said through the sample ‘this is serious music’. It’s a brilliant groovy full on production made of a slightly funky bassline, lots of punch, some metallic tones contrasting with a sharpy bouncy melodic lead or a trembling shy synth on the end.

5. Life is sometimes strange. When Ultravoice & Kyo Log were making stuffs together under their artist duo names, i never succeed to enjoy their music. Today they’re taking the name of Tacting Mind for their musical cooperation, i’m digging it. For the sound, take the sound from Art Of Voice album of Ultravoice and inject doses of energy, nervousness & madness inside. Result, you’ll got a good idea about how is sounding Troy.

6. Visual Contact (Dj Bog & Didi Ezra) gives us for Nasty Boy a surnatural bassline coppled with a rythmic trick consisting of a green woodpecker in action (1’50). Many funny twisted sounds are present like a weird fx on a spoken sample in the background you can better hear after 4’38. The whole thing is very lively.

7. Tripteaser (Jonn Jansson) proposes you a funky bassline with an expanded melody. On the 2/3 of the track, there’s a rowdy riff lead. On the final part the track is embellished with an ice block lead, conferring an exotic touch to the tune.

8. Freakulizer (aka Dj Thujon , Simon Schwendeener) i’m pretty sure i’ve already

listen to the same melody elesewhere but i don’t succeed in reminding in which track (as always said my grandma there’ are only 7 notes in the scale). However it’s a nice effective full on dancefloor stuff with a grating siren lead (starting at 1’20) & the break melody,very refreshing, is made of arpeggios played like the materialization of morning dew drops. Summer’s Almost Gone is largely better than his previous groovy tune with Gataka‘Son Pax’ appearing on Afula On.

9. Electro Sun (Nadav Elkayan) & Brain Damage (Vik Shagal) for Hypnotic Voices which falls in the club trance side (Electro Sun seems to be fond of old school euro trancey layers), a pity that Star Dust ends up so cheesily (particularly after 4’40) comparing to the rest of the global musical content.

Star Dust from MoonStone records (runned by Dj Bog & Dj F-Rat) is the opportunity of getting some quality stuffs like used to release Com.pact before falling recently into clubbytrance, so you know what good things to expect from this cd & this new label.

highlights by order:4,7,5

then by order:6,1,8,2

7,5/10

• 1 month later...

well Dj F-Rat compiled blue leprechaun too what was one of the only morning fullon compilations I actually enjoyed in 2004... but this one isn't half as good as blue leprechaun... there is a concept, a similar atmosphere in the release but the melodies are very weak... it's very subtile & not explosive at all what I like but it's boring after a while imho...

best track : 8

rate 5/10