Cubase SX 3.0 "Protection Device" ...eh?

Hey all,

At last, I have recently acquired Cubase SX 3.0 (in the naughty way), downloaded it, only to no avail. When I try to run the program, I get some bull about "no protection device found". Aaargh.

I really have no idea what a protection device even IS, let alone what I can do, if anything, to get past this hideously annoying barrier to the world of Cubase SX.

If there is any magic trick or anything I can download, please tell me! And kindly avoid using technical jargon because I am a female and therefore stupid... yes 'dongle' counts as technical jargon to my lay-ears.

Chyars!

T

I had the same problem with Cubase SX 2.0.

But all I had to do was to copy a file called "SYNSOACC.DLL" into the cubase directory, then it worked(works) just fine! Don't really know if you can do the same thing with 3.0, but hey, it's worth a try, isn't it?

Hey all,

At last, I have recently acquired Cubase SX 3.0 (in the naughty way), downloaded it, only to no avail. When I try to run the program, I get some bull about "no protection device found". Aaargh.

I really have no idea what a protection device even IS, let alone what I can do, if anything, to get past this hideously annoying barrier to the world of Cubase SX.

If there is any magic trick or anything I can download, please tell me! And kindly avoid using technical jargon because I am a female and therefore stupid... yes 'dongle' counts as technical jargon to my lay-ears.

Chyars!

T

213187[/snapback]

Copying an dll's wont help you at all. Cubase SX has not and will not be cracked. Therefor you will have to buy it in order to use it. (you can find all this information on Steinberg's homepages).

In short they hired some of the people involved in cracking it in the past to write a new dongle protection for them. I guess hiring hackers payed out. I am going to update my Cubase SX to the latest version when I have money to do so.

I know it sounds hard, but thats the way it is.

Try before you buy, by all means, but how many actually follow that?