Any ideas ?

Is there any 1 who is pro enough to tell me how to make the sweeping sounds nice

i meen the sweep that sounds like a reversed cymbal often seen in astrix tunes when he breaks in the tunes // Rowe

Haven't listened to much to astrix, but this is one tip:

Record down a few bars, preferable the part you want to sweep in to.

Then I reverse that recording and stick it thru a long fat reverb (sonic timeworks being one of my favourites).

Of course with 100% reverb and no dry signal.

Cut out the tail of the reverb recording and reverse that.

Voila, now you should have a sweep that gels nicely with the upcoming part.

experiment with reversing synthlines,vocals,strings etc. loops untill you find the sound you're looking for, the possiblities are endless

Haven't listened to much to astrix, but this is one tip:

Record down a few bars, preferable the part you want to sweep in to.

Then I reverse that recording and stick it thru a long fat reverb (sonic timeworks being one of my favourites).

Of course with 100% reverb and no dry signal.

Cut out the tail of the reverb recording and reverse that.

Voila, now you should have a sweep that gels nicely with the upcoming part.

208459[/snapback]

okay mr. spindrift, it sounds nice your idea, but when you say "cut off the tail of the reverb recording" do you then mean: The reverb recording + the whole recording, or only the reverb recording??

& if you mean the reverb recording only, then could you tell me how i only get that? :)

I work in Cubase SX2

Cut OUT the tail I said, meaning that you of course don't want the part where the bars you used in the first place is playing, but only the tail of the reverb that comes after.

So you have say four bars of your track reversed.

Bounce those four bars thru an inserted reverb with only wet signal making sure you include the tail.....so maybe you bounce six bars or so dependent on how long tail you have.

Now reverse that recording, and it should be obvious to use only the first bars that contains the actual tail.

Sorry for being bad explaining....it's quite simple really but I guess I make it sound more complicated than it is.

Cut OUT the tail I said, meaning that you of course don't want the part where the bars you used in the first place is playing, but only the tail of the reverb that comes after.

So you have say four bars of your track reversed.

Bounce those four bars thru an inserted reverb with only wet signal making sure you include the tail.....so maybe you bounce six bars or so dependent on how long tail you have.

Now reverse that recording, and it should be obvious to use only the first bars that contains the actual tail.

Sorry for being bad explaining....it's quite simple really but I guess I make it sound more complicated than it is.

208964[/snapback]

Oh!! :)

I get it now, i thought you ment something like cut UP the tail :), or i think i once did something similar a lot easier in protools, & i thought you were talking about something like that!

Nice effect by the way!