Hoopy Frood - Psychonaut

smaug

What a surprise! This album is good, real good! I'm glad I bought it. After listening to the whole album, I strongly feel that this is the best, most delightful, well done chill album of 2004! No really, can you think of that many other albums better than this that year? I can't think of one and I haven't heard all of them. Regardless, this is high up there.

This is such a good/great, melodic, relaxing, uplifting, catchy album! Its very different and listening to the samples makes sense since this is such a distinct album. The style and genra seems to lean more towards "newage / trip-hop" and something else. Its not psytrance at all so don't expect psy or goa, or you'll be disappointed.

I really feel that just about every track is good or great. It really all comes down to mood of course, and this put me in a more positive mood. The only not positive thing I can say about this album is:

1.) The last track is very short and could have been better.

2.) The album length is about 56 minutes, but regardless ... every track is well done. There are no bad tracks! Thats it! Thats the most negative thing I'm very critical. This is a very good album, which will, like anything, not appeal to everyone.

This music isn't psytrance, no.. it fits more into the newage, world, trance/chill genra's. Its very uplifting, not cheesy at all ... Many tracks are just so fun and bubbley, beautiful and catchy, and I enjoy the lyrics and voices very much, it blends together like Enya or Enigma has done in that it only accentuates the track with its attractive voices, vocals (when there are vocals) and thoughtful lyrics. Maybe this album fits more into the genra of some of Sphongles stuff, but its so different, and it sounds nothing like Sphongle at all.

I feel that a lot of positive energy and feeling went into making this album. It sounds very positive and friendly, and its just really cool sounding and nice to listen to. Really, I think of lots of cool stuff while listening to this album! The lyrics meaningful, catchy, and not overdone. The album has direction, its very floating and has some beautiful sounds, melodies, voices, and rhythm. If your into Asura, Enigma, Bassic, or triphop, newage, emotional trance (in general) you've gotta listen to this album!