Spicelab - A Day On Our Planet

seraph

SPICELAB - A DAY ON OUR PLANET

HARTHOUSE

1. FALLING 18:00

2. WE GOT SPICE 19:15

3. A DAY ON OUR PLANET 17:50

4. PLANET SPICE 16:20

Here is one of the best Oliver Lieb's ambient trance albums he ever released. This long, precise journey reaches higher levels of sophistication. Every sound is on its place and this guy really knows how to make MUSIC. This is pretty spacey, trippy release. He has long driving melodies and harmonies followed by hypnotic pads and some faster parts of meditation in space. Just when you think you are about to get completely relaxed he surprises you with deep kick and there you go, you are out in space. Pretty clever structures makes this one of the best releases from 1995. Everyone should get this just because it is classic. Every single song on this album is masterpiece...STUNNING...10/10

seraph, you seem to be going thru your old record bins - i like your selection of tunes. this one indeed is a beautiful work. i'd say oliver lieb is THE best trance producer (i came across). has he released anything recently? last one i've got of his work is the remake of hallucinogen's lsd.

i also have 12" of 'we got spice' - it has a housy version and a trancy (melodic and faster, but not goa) version. also a good release.

seraph, you seem to be going thru your old record bins - i like your selection of tunes.  this one indeed is a beautiful work.  i'd say oliver lieb is THE best trance producer (i came across).  has he released anything recently? last one i've got of his work is the remake of hallucinogen's lsd.

i also have 12" of 'we got spice' - it has a housy version and a trancy (melodic and faster, but not goa) version.  also a good release.

205203[/snapback]

Hehe, Dasa, this guy has as many Aliases as I have 1 cent coins, MANY! Check out his LSG stuff, which the last release was released in 2002 if I am not wrong. Its called The Hive. (Superstition).

I know he made something with Pink Floyd as well, but I am not sure if that is available, or if its any good. I havent heard it :(

But check him out on Discogs, thats your best bet to get all the records :)

Hehe, Dasa, this guy has as many Aliases as I have 1 cent coins, MANY! Check out his LSG stuff, which the last release was released in 2002 if I am not wrong. Its called The Hive. (Superstition).

I know he made something with Pink Floyd as well, but I am not sure if that is available, or if its any good. I havent heard it :(

But check him out on Discogs, thats your best bet to get all the records :)

205222[/snapback]

thanx for the pointer. i have some old (around '94-7?) LSG releases, but nothing recent though.

His recent releases weren't SO interesting. His album THE HIVE is not bad but it has nothing to do with old LSG sounds and melodies. I also find Oliver Lieb as one of the best trance producers, especially from Germany. His remix to Hallucinogen - LSD was just nice but nothing grounbreaking...

His recent releases weren't SO interesting. His album THE HIVE is not bad but it has nothing to do with old LSG sounds and melodies...

205277[/snapback]

come to think of it, he also put out more abstract, detroit techno like stuff also, didn't he. those are pretty different beast altogehter, i guess.

i never heard 'THE HIVE' - better chase it down.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, Dragonflier, banging tech trance ? I wouldn't call it banging at all but more chill tech trance...;)

205560[/snapback]

You're talking about "The Hive" right? Some of the tracks on there may be "chilled", but some are banging too, at least IMO (ie "Saviour"). Played at loud volume of course. B)