how to divide a mp3 mix?

I' ve just made a long mix, 260 min. I've ripped it to mp3 and would like to divide it in tracks. Now I was told that you cannot divide mp3's, you can only add que points/files but this doesn't work on portable mp3 discmans. Is there maby an other way to divide mp3 files?

thx.

I' ve just made a long mix, 260 min. I've ripped it to mp3 and would like to divide it in tracks. Now I was told that you cannot divide mp3's, you can only add que points/files but this doesn't work on portable mp3 discmans. Is there maby an other way to divide mp3 files?

thx.

204205[/snapback]

This you should maybe have posted in Music Making hehe :) You can get yourself a Program like Wavelab or Soundforge, import the mp3 and then you make trackmarkers in there. :)

If you need any help on that please let me know :)

I don't know about soundforce but wavelab cannot do this. When you open a mp3 file in wavelab, it is first writen to a temporary file in wave format after it is decoded to mp3. And wavelab cannot handlle files larger than 2 gig so I cannot even import the mp3 file, stupid no?? Even if I could divide it it seems that you cannot play mp3's seamless like a divided wavefile.

This you should maybe have posted in Music Making hehe :) You can get yourself a Program like Wavelab or Soundforge, import the mp3 and then you make trackmarkers in there. :)

if you go that way you should keep in mind that converting an mp3 to wav and back again will loose a lot of sound quality....

for a program cutting mp3 itself I don't know any at the moment but there are a couple available just search google. sorry for the thin information about that :-)

2GB is indeed the filesize limitation, so that would make it impossible yes, I didnt think of that (Because I focused on a 260 minutes mp3 not wav hehe).

I dont know about Soundforge that good either (Because I stopped using it totally at 4.0). What you can do is to record it into 2 parts into wavelab or something. Other than that, there might be some other editor that can handle the file for you.

Ok I made some research, and it seems that Adobe Audition supports any filesize. Maybe you should try that one (Old cool edit).

Lemmi or Mars, could you move this Thread to the music making section for tracking purposes? :)

It depends on how you are playing it. I know there is a software where you basically make a quesheet for the track instead of deviding it to seperate tracks. This you can actually write by hand if you know the tracks start and end.