ASTRAL PILOT - ELECTRO ACUPUNCTURE

HARTHOUSE

1. ELECTRO ACUPUNCTURE

2. SKIN PROBE

3. INTO MY BRAIN

4. KUKU SESSION

5. NEEDLE DRAMA

6. THE DAY AFTER

Here is another older release that is pretty interesting but lacks something nevertheless. Maybe it is because 2 great producers were involved and I expected it to be better. Sven Vath and Stevie B-Zet joined forces to create pretty experimental trancey/ambient album. Beside great talent and good sounds they produce, this album tends to loose somewhere. ELECTRO ACUPUNCTURE is pretty drifty, trancey piece of music and it is quite interesting. SKIN PROBE is not that bad but it just lacks something. INTO MY BRAIN is pretty good song, it is quite experimental and demented. KUKU SESSION is bouncey and solid but it could have been done better. NEEDLE DRAMA is also pretty experimental with crazy sounds and structure. But then comes the best one on album - THE DAY AFTER, ambient trance journey and I absolutely LOVE this song. If they only made an album like this song, it would be stunning. This dreamy, floaty piece of music is worth the whole disc actually cause it even lasts 21 minutes. All in all, this is pretty nice release but it could have been done better considering the brains behind it. Still, nice to have in your collection. 7/10

It is a fact that at the period, Sven didnt know jack about doing music. He is not a producer, he is rather a co-ordinator. Now, this information I have from the Frankfurter Algemeine, one of Germanys most respected financial news magazines, where he was interviewed. So I dont think its bullshit (I still actually would have the article somewhere, because I am a big fan of S.V.)

This is probably why you will find collaboration like B-Zet and S.V. a bit more confusing or boring than B-Zet himself solo.

Normally Sven was producing together with Genius Ralf Hildenbeutel, which for me is THE king of Harthouse/EyeQ, and also the maker of many trends in the trance scene.

Brings back memories of the oldschool producers (in germany) that really had a vision. Pete Namlook, Resistant D, Hardfloor, B-Zet, Paul van Dyke and all them. Whithout them, Psy would probably not be what it became later :)

It is a fact that at the period, Sven didnt know jack about doing music.

that's odd... I heard that he was already making electronic music in the 80s so by my calculations he should've been an expert by 1995 :) And what about his own albums he released around the same period??

Oh and this is kindof off-topic but... I once heard Sven Vath DJ in Belgium a few years ago and... his set didn't have a SINGLE trance track!! It was all minimal Detroit techno till the end... I was kindof confused since he seemed to promote mostly trance...

that's odd... I heard that he was already making electronic music in the 80s so by my calculations he should've been an expert by 1995 :) And what about his own albums he released around the same period??

Oh and this is kindof off-topic but... I once heard Sven Vath DJ in Belgium a few years ago and... his set didn't have a SINGLE trance track!! It was all minimal Detroit techno till the end... I was kindof confused since he seemed to promote mostly trance...

203608[/snapback]

Im sorry, but its a known fact that many of the pioneers of electronic music dont know anything about studio tech and instruments. Its like The ORB, he does not know a lot either. He has a vision on how he wants things to sound like, and then he has people to program it for him.

This was the case with Sven Vaeth and Ralf Hildenbeutel, Hildenbeutel is the technical brain around all the music of Sven, have a closer look at your cds and vinyls of Sven Vaeth, you will find Hildenbeutel's name all over the place.

Techno seems to be the path of Sven these days, that is true, everything he does now is deffinetely not trance. But back in the days, when I was going to The Omen (Svens old club in Frankfurt) he used to throw the maddest longest trance sets man can imagine (I think Goa Gil is the only one that would outnumber him for long sets, not taht Goa Gil is half as good or technical as sven, but still he makes mad long sets hehe)

Well this is all history not to ignore I think, very important history! Without these people like I said before, we would probably not have Psy Trance as it is today.

I know that Dragonfly etc plays a very big role as well, but this is pre Dragonfly I believe.

Diffrent paths were chosen after that, but all good, all good for all the scenes. At least that is what I think.

• 1 month later...