Pete Martin/ Magick Eye

Ormion

1) What's happened to Pete Martin?

I believe that he is the "Master of Psy-Trance"!!!

His Slide tracks were UNBELIEVABLES!!! The Unstable album is the best Dark Psy album ever!! And the UX tracks...Oh My GOD!!!

So, what's happened to him? I think he create a label together with Cass called Fire records more proggy and housey. Am I wrong?

2) What's happened to Magick Eye?

The website is the same years now so I guess it's over.

Simply the best label for true Ambient moments

1) I agree! Slide was great... then he went prog, indeed. And further. And further. And now makes some radio-friendly stuff with vocals if I'm not mistaken... ah well. His proggy pieces from the early days were really good too - Confusional State and Closure are both excellent. Then I think he "slid" too far.

Huh, yes, I agree, i find him as one of the best compositional artists. Even though he released only 2 albums, those 2 are pure classics, plus some singles that were good too. I feel bad if he started making radio-friendly music with vocals. His songs Alien Earth Activity, Master Of The Universe, Unstable, Predator, Unobtanium, Pure Intellect are pure perfections. I am sorry he is not in trance anymore. Respect

1) What's happened to Pete Martin?

I believe that he is the "Master of Psy-Trance"!!!

His Slide tracks were UNBELIEVABLES!!! The Unstable album is the best Dark Psy album ever!! And the UX tracks...Oh My GOD!!!

So, what's happened to him? I think he create a label together with Cass called Fire records more proggy and housey. Am I wrong?

i remember his later releases (around 2000) sounded more "progressive" (i hate these terms, but you know), more linear and housy. have some cass & slide stuff which sounds pretty good, but nothing like the UX stuff. i also think the crazy, industrial sound of UX is bit more SUN (forgot his name) than slide. anyhow, more UX-like releases would be great.

2) What's happened to Magick Eye?

The website is the same years now so I guess it's over.

Simply the best label for true Ambient moments

203473[/snapback]

Yeah, Astralasia's Label is down. Their released his last Album "Something Somewhere" on Transient. This Album got no more the old Ambient, Goa Sound's as we it knew. It sounds like more commercial Trance. The last release from Magick Eye, is from "Cybernaut - Hydroponics" from the year 1998.

I wonder that the hompage is still online. :blink: