Making a sustained tone but varying pitch in FLS?

Hey peoples,

Lately I've been having a bit of fun getting some of my sound ideas made, still just using FLstudio4 though. Each day I seem to learn how to do something new to help make the sounds I want. One thing I still don't know, that I want to know about, is how do I create a sustained tone, with a varying pitch?

In other words, I don't want there to be defined changes between each beat, but more a smooth change. I'm thinking this will have something to do with a synth / VST. I can already make them with wave forms, but I want to be able to control the pitch that it is at at any given point.

Hopefully this makes sense. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks :)

Hey peoples,

Lately I've been having a bit of fun getting some of my sound ideas made, still just using FLstudio4 though. Each day I seem to learn how to do something new to help make the sounds I want. One thing I still don't know, that I want to know about, is how do I create a sustained tone, with a varying pitch?

In other words, I don't want there to be defined changes between each beat, but more a smooth change. I'm thinking this will have something to do with a synth / VST. I can already make them with wave forms, but I want to be able to control the pitch that it is at at any given point.

202307[/snapback]

Do you mean if you can change pitch of a note witch is being held? you can do that, your synth must have a "semitones" knob, or something similar :)

Yes that sounds like what I mean, provided that the note was being held for a long time (like longer than a single beat). I'm using software synths rather than hardware synths.

I was thinking maybe there would be a filter or effect that I could put a single tone through that would change its pitch. Like in FLstudio how theres the menu that you can change the pitch, volume etc of individual beats in the loop and you can draw a line of what pitch you want, I want to be able to do this within a single sustained sound rather than a series of shorter ones.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to do this?

Maybe you are talking about LFO?! LFO can sound as if there is a variation in the pitch. A way to achieve that would be to put an LFO on the OSCilators, and pitch shift one of them to another tone/semitone. Well, you can play around with it, until you know that this is what you need.

Hey peoples,

202307[/snapback]

FL piano roll haves a slide composer.