V/A - Behind The Eye

seraph

BEHIND THE EYE

EYE Q RECORDS

1. ENERGY 52 - CAFE DEL MAR ( DJ KID PAUL MIX )

2. SONIC INFUSION - MAGNIFICA

3. VERNON - WONDERER ( INSTRUMENTAL MIX )

4. ZYON - NO FATE ( 93 MIX )

5. VIRTUAL SYMMETRY - SEE YOU

6. ODYSEE OF NOISES - TROYA ( 93 MIX )

7. GOAHEAD - FREEBEACH ( ANJUNA MIX )

8. MIRAGE - AIRBORN

9. THE VOLUNTEERS - SUN DOWN

10.JAVA - COSMOS

11.BRAINCHILD - SYNFONICA

Here is one of the best early trance compilations where trance started to develop more artistically than with regular acid formula. Germans always tend to make trance sound more progressed how the years were passing. They started to develop artistic structures since 1993 and they managed to deliver perfect morning gentle trance compilations. This is one of them and it is rather simple but very beautiful. For its time I cannot even say that it was simple but compared to nowadays production and skills that's how it sounds.

First song was one of the biggest trance hits especially then, CAFE DEL MAR but compared to original this one is much better. It is stunning song, very melodic and cute, with positive generic melody floating thru the track.

MAGNIFICA is pretty good old trance piece with its fast rhythm and moring feel, very nice. WONDERER is one of the best on compilation. How all of you already know it, I don't need to describe, simply perfect, much better than original with vocals. it has one of the best melodies ever, PERFECT !

NO FATE is another one best on compilation, having almost melancholic, sad melody that simply gives ytou faith instead of taking it, also PERFECT !

SEE YOU is pretty good ambiental piece with lots of spacey melodies and optimistic feel.

TROYA is pretty nice song, it has morning epic melodies sort of.

FREEBEACH is very cute song, with lots of trance melodies and atmosphere, delicious.

AIRBORN is stunning song, you can hear presence of Oliver Lieb and it is very melodic and energetic. it is maybe the fastest one here.

SUN DOWN is pretty good too but the melody do tend to be slightly melancholic, but it is very good song.

COSMOS is perfect ambient song and I absolutely love it. Very spacey, floaty and dreamy and then comes third best on the compilation - SYNFONICA. What a track ! It is very short but so rich and powerful, simply perfect. If you already don't own this compilation, you should cause it is pretty good collection of early classics...9/10

• 1 month later...

Oh Seraph, you got the first print of Behind the Eye?

The second print got only 10 Track. They trade Vernon - Wonderer (Intrumental) with Vernon's Wonderland (The Future) and took out Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (DJ Kid Paul Mix).

1. VERNONS WONDERLAND (THE FUTURE)

3. ZYON - NO FATE ( 93 MIX )

4. VIRTUAL SYMMETRY - SEE YOU

5. ODYSEE OF NOISES - TROYA ( 93 MIX )

6. GOAHEAD - FREEBEACH ( ANJUNA MIX )

7. MIRAGE - AIRBORN

8. THE VOLUNTEERS - SUN DOWN

9. JAVA - COSMOS

10.BRAINCHILD - SYNFONICA

• 9 months later...

BEHIND THE EYE

EYE Q RECORDS

1. ENERGY 52 - CAFE DEL MAR ( DJ KID PAUL MIX )

3. VERNON - WONDERER ( INSTRUMENTAL MIX )

4. ZYON - NO FATE ( 93 MIX )

5. VIRTUAL SYMMETRY - SEE YOU

6. ODYSEE OF NOISES - TROYA ( 93 MIX )

7. GOAHEAD - FREEBEACH ( ANJUNA MIX )

8. MIRAGE - AIRBORN

9. THE VOLUNTEERS - SUN DOWN

10.JAVA - COSMOS

11.BRAINCHILD - SYNFONICA

198727[/snapback]

I know only the 1th, 4rd and 7th song. Freebeach is magnificent, extraordinary !!!!!! It`s more trippy than almost all psychedelic tracks I know

B)B)B)B)

• 4 weeks later...

I only know No Fate by Zion. Not sure if it's the same track but i think it's sort of lame. It sounds old in a way that other old trance doesn't (even stuff from 1992, for example Trancmaster 2). I actually like the scooter remix despite the fact that they don't tell it's a remix. That version has more melodies, better production, some acid stuff and a vocal added, which is actually good and fits the melody.

But i don't listen to it anyway because it's scooter and i can't stand that tall guy with white hair and cocky attitude =(

I only know No Fate by Zion. Not sure if it's the same track but i think it's sort of lame. It sounds old in a way that other old trance  doesn't (even stuff from 1992, for example Trancmaster 2). I actually like the scooter remix despite the fact that they don't tell it's a remix. That version has more melodies, better production, some acid stuff and a vocal added, which is actually good and fits the melody.

But i don't listen to it anyway because it's scooter and i can't stand that tall guy with white hair and cocky attitude =(

345248[/snapback]

No Fate is from 1992 and it was first a old Dance/Trance song with rap singing.

The most famous version in the old Trancescene is the instrumental version, also known as Sven Väth Mix.

Okay, maybe you like Scooter, but by the way Scooter SUCKS. :P

Read my message again!

I said i preferred the scooter version of this song, it's better mixed and sounds better, but i also know that scooter SUCK and i dislike them as a band more than you. No Fate remix has to be their only listenable song.

And Zyons ersion REALLY isn't good in any way.

Sorry for hurting your soul =(

Fuck, now you think im one of those 12 year old scooter fans =(

Sorry that I not read your text correctly.

But anyway, I don't like all this (stollen) stupid shit from this fucking group.

I don't like his fucking sucking shit lame singing and so on. ;):lol:

• 3 months later...

Oh Seraph, you got the first print of Behind the Eye?

The second print got only 10 Track. They trade Vernon - Wonderer (Intrumental) with Vernon's Wonderland (The Future) and took out Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (DJ Kid Paul Mix). 

psypras got both :) but the second release is on another label.. cant recall wich and there is too long from the pc to the hi-fi.. three meters ZZzzz.... check discogs :D

Guest djnemo

A lot of Eye Q was reprinted on Planet Earth. I do belive that Planet Earth was a US based label.

Just as a lot of FAX Records were reprinted on Rising High records (For UK distribution)

• 2 weeks later...

Read my message again!

I said i preferred the scooter version of this song, it's better mixed and sounds better, but i also know that scooter SUCK and i dislike them as a band more than you. No Fate remix has to be their only listenable song.

345806[/snapback]

You rule , he he.