AP ap

Ok, just saying my opinion, yes, a lot of the new APuff is very euro trance oriuentated, but really, when you compare it to real euro trance, it is still top notch production, and very sychadelic say compared ot mr. oakenfold and gang. So wot your opinion??

Guest [tom jaimz]

You know, every time a stupid topic is introduced to this message board, it pushes a good topic onto the 'older messages' page, which no-one reads.

actually, i find many people read the old messages and reply to them, it's just that others cannot be bothered going back..and as a user of this forum i have the right to ask the above question, even if there are typos, i am sory, my girlfriend was yelling at me! i am just asking why people think AP are a sell out when they obviously are not? I mean, compare their stuff to say clubber by HOM-mega, now that one is much more of a sell out if you really are lookiing for something to whine about, but it hasn't copped half as mch as AP!

Guest lÿsërgïç

dont worry what people say mike :)

there is no doubt, astral projection are legends of the trance genre.

and if u think about what they have given us.. then even if they did become 'sell-outs'.. u cant deny their talent.

Guest miroslav

and they never refuse an invitation to come to play in no-big-money-involved countries like Serbia and Macedonia, as we can see now, despite all bad words spoken obout those countries on cnn and bbc. it`s about music and people who love it. they care about it

Guest [tom jaimz]

Just to make you all happy I'm now sitting down listening to the Astral Projection remix of Faithless' "God Is A DJ" and thinking about how glad I am that AP haven't sold out. I mean they haven't even done anything as cheesy as a 'Best Of', and the progression of sounds over their four albums clearly indicates that they're not afraid to experiment.

Guest spirit_dancer

just wondering...how/when did u start considering AP 'sellouts'?!?...just cuz more people started listening to them?!?..maybe they just got better at their work...and even if they did become 'sellouts'...i still love their work...esp the past few weeks..iv started to fall in love with it all over again.

Guest trancer

Well, i can tell you that i really really loved Astral untill i saw them live last Saturday..this was my second time i saw them live..And it was extcacly like the first time.Avi was Jumping and Lior was looking at the computer...The problems is the following:

When they play live, it is always the same, the same sounds.Even The playback suc(they were drinking wine)..its the worst live act..and you always know what you are gonna hear (People can fly, let there be light and so on)...On the flyer, it said that they will play only new tracks. The played only 4 new tracks..one track was good, the rest was really really bad!!!the sound was the same as in the lat cd but without clearly melodies..the basslines were the same, but as i said not enough melodies (except for thr only track which was good)...I don't care if the don't change sound but try to do better melodies and when you play "live", do something on stage..add some effects on the tracks, don't just stand there like stupid...I really hope the will improve again cause the have great talent, no doubt about that!

BOM!

I will always love Astral Projection, I can never get tired of their music. And as for in the mix, why do you get so piseed off about this? As far as I am cocnerned this was a great idea. It encapsulates the best parts of the songs, and it goes on endlessy for almost 80 minutes a cd! I l.isten to in the mix, booth cd's, at least once a day! Astral Projection are by far the most amazing electronic artists, and I agree, they have big hearts and show it by the places they play at. I mnean, they cam out here earlier this year to play at a rave, and it was the very first party put on by these organisers. I mean, getiing the buiggest goa act for your first rave, that is something very special I think. Go Astral, you know I eill always fork out $40+ for a new cd!

Guest Elysium Project

Well trancer it is cool that you did not like their live set.... but don't believe everything that flyers say..... I have had flyers saying that I was playing material from my 2 new albums..... At that time I only had on album release..... The artists almost never have anything to do with the flyer.... It's the party promoter's area and they many times lie in order to attract more people... I am sure most people also have experienced flyers telling them that this DJ or band would play and then discovering that it was not the case..... This is also another promotion scam to attract people....

Second you want the bands to do more of a show on stage (If I understand you correctly) .... I agree to that...but hey do you want to pay more to get into the party????? If so I am sure most bands would love to make more out of their livesets... I know I would.... but as the situation is right now..... the money are too small for us artists to make bigger shows.... We can not afford it....

Hang on Trancer, don't you realise that compared to most music, psytrance artists make sweet F.A? Even if Astral are big, I still know hundreds of techno lovers who have never heard of them! As for the live set, Astral probably hasn't even come close to finish their new album, so how can they play all new songs? And of course they are goind to play all their favourites, it's what we love them for. I you are willing to fork out and provide a party that will supply them with all the gear they need, and give the more than a 2 hour time slot, then they will do much more I am sure..but when you have 2 hours and not much gear available, you cannot blame the artists! I saw them earlier this year and will go again and againa and again..all my mates who are anti goa loved seeing them live, and couldn't believe how "loud" the bassline is and the beats! Astral Projection rock and deserve every bit of vredit they get, they are not selling out to the minaml crowd! Or is that what you all truly want?

Guest Soulhunter

Did AP really make a remix of God is A DJ?

I suppose it's better then the original track but...faithless? come on !

Faithless sucks bigtime, I lost my faith in music since they came up .

Guest trancer

no! i hate minimal and i want them to continue making this music..but somehow the new music lacks of soul..you can't compare these cd:s with trust in trance or Dancing galaxy....Anyway i still love them, but not as much as before...

And as for the show, Etnica makes real shows and they get as much money as Astral (if not less)..so i don't think it has anything with money to do with..but its just my opinion..

BOM!

Guest Elysium Project

Trancer it does indeed have something to do with money....how much do you think even the best paied band get??? it's not that much.....

If you want to put on a "real" show you need a lot of gimmics ect. and they cost.. you also need to take along more equipment and that goes as overweight in the airports and I have still not meet any party promoter that are willing to pay for that. Second when you also very often play in countries where there's not that much money (like ex. eastblock countries) the money are even less... Remember that our scene is very small compared to the big commercial rock/pop scene.

A solution could be to raise the entrance fee. I am sure you all agree that it is not s good solution.. Or second to use all our money on the Live gig so we wont make a dime out of our performances....That's not the answer eighter... I do not think there is a solution.... This scene it just too small for big fees..

Guest trancer

About the money, i paid 200 swedish kr. That's about 20$. there was like 1000 people that night...And i could easly pay like 500kr for a good party.I think you have some more experience then i do..so i will believe you about the cash thing..but the thing I was trying to say is that Astral don't look intrested on stage..I remember when i saw Etnica..Max was dancing like a maniac on stage,but Avi was drinking wine.see what i mean..they should try to be more`in what they do that moment...Etnica had less equipment then astral did..Max was panning som sounds and tweakinhg some stuff..that's enight for me...its all about the atitude on stage..atitude don't have to do anything with money...if you love to play on stage, then you do it..nothing more..

BOM!

Guest trancer

"1that's enight for me" enough for me is the correctly line..must add that i still love Astrals Work, but as a live band its the worst band outhere...

Guest noctilucent

Imagine if Astral came up with God is a DJ 3-4 years ago, you would love the song. Don't dislike it just because it was first made by Faithless and Faithless sucks... I thinK Astral did a great job...love their simple filtered saw.

Guest sunconscious

i like mike D's quote:

"Astral Projection rock and deserve every bit of credit they get, they are not selling out to the minimal crowd! Or is that what you all truly want?"

i think the melodic artists who start playing to that crowd really are sellouts (after all, minimal is easy to make). ap might make more money than the average trance band, but that is because they were one of the first, and they kept at it, they kept making good music for years. ask yourself, you might like another band better, but how many albums have they made? AP has about 9 albums, triple that of the average artist. To me, that makes them MORE dedicated to the trance scene, not sellouts.

you cant expect a new band with 1 album to become as popular as AP. and if they did, you'd just call em one-hit-wonders.