VST help needed

i'm new to this music making carry on, but loving it!

however, i'm constantly encountering new problems of course, my latest is this:

i use cubase SX as my sequencer and reason for drums and samples etc. but i'm trying to get to grips with soft synths. i got some really nice sounds going in FM7 but cant seem to record my sounds from FM7 over into Cubase it just wont happen!

i just want to be able to record what i play in FM7 while my other tracks in Cubase play .

change them into Cubase Events

it's probably a really simple thing that i'm overlooking (i hope) but i'd greatly appreciate anyone who's in the know who could give me a bit of knowledge.

cheers

Isnt the FM7 also a VSTi? You can play it as a VSTi, just as you would program any midi I think. I have the bundle laying here, but I haven installed FM7 yet, so I couldnt say I have tested it.

Is this what you are looking for? If you want I can install it, and test it for you :)

• 1 month later...

i'm new to this music making carry on, but loving it!

however, i'm constantly encountering new problems of course, my latest is this:

i use cubase SX as my sequencer and reason for drums and samples etc. but i'm trying to get to grips with soft synths. i got some really nice sounds going in FM7 but cant seem to record my sounds from FM7 over into Cubase it just wont happen!

i just want to be able to record what i play in FM7 while my other tracks in Cubase play .

change them into Cubase Events

it's probably a really simple thing that i'm overlooking (i hope) but i'd greatly appreciate anyone who's in the know who could give me a bit of knowledge.

cheers

197321[/snapback]

Pages 267-268 in the Operation Manual explain how to setup a VST instrument, and use it on a MIDI track.

If you already have activated the VST in the VST instruments panel, you need to select a blank MIDI track in the project window - then in the track inspector set the In and Out. In the Out (there will be a dropdown box when you place the mouse over it), you should be able to select your VST instrument. Make sure you select a channel too.

Check the manual on the pages i've noted above and it will give you a step by step process.