e n o u g h

Guest unidentified

Everyone keeps asking: "what did you think of my track?"

First, only a couple of non-confident contest participants asked. They got some attention by getting reviews. People with slow connection started downloading more and more tracks that got good reviews. So the confident ones said "what the F.", and started asking people their oppinions, knowing they'll get good reviews anyway. People with bad tracks don't even bother asking for a review.

Why don't just all 242 songs get reviews? Maybe, some people don't want to point out how other songs are better than theirs, making them more likely to win?

"Only review my track, but I won't review anybody elses..." - If this is all about self promotion, than why doesn't everybody just review their own tracks? Perhaps that would be a lot more lame (?)

If you want to get tips on how to make your songs better, why don't you ask in the forum on 'music making', instead of the forum on the 'contest' ?

Does anybody else (besides the people who already asked for a review) think that this thing is getting more and more annoying?

Guest Dexium

The jury listen to every track, hopefully a roughly equal amount of times. The forum's reviews will not mean @!#$. Take a chill pill, sir. And no, I'm not annoyed at artists asking for feedback because this, my good sir, is why they do it in the first place. They want to make the world a better/more stimulating place, but how will they know they have if no-one tells them?

Don't be a nazi man... plur....

Guest Jikkenteki

Perhaps some of us are asking because we legitimately want feedback on our tracks, and as these specific tracks are in the tracks contest it only makes sense to post asking about them here, rather than cluttering up the rest of the forums. I agree asking on how to make better music in a general sense should obviously go in the music making forum, but I don't see why asking for opinions about a track in the contest in the contest forum is somehow wrong. In fact I seem to recall that the contest forum was made so people could have discussions about the tracks in the contest and such without plugging up the other forums.

Guest pesito

some of us are also tired from poeple getting tired of... but posting that here would put us in the same place..

Guest ancient

im not complaining, but i think the next contest should b done more professionally.

and i think some of us should try provide some web space so the tracks can b heard on 192 bitrate, i know that there are some people on the contest with 192 while all the others are on 96, this is not fair, its special treatment if u ask me

Guest unidentified

Dexium, thanks for the good explanation.

My ego was taking over again, trying to hide the real problem. Now my consciousness is telling me to appologize. I was probably too jealous when i saw all those tracks getting reviewed. All those tracks... but mine. Why did I just tell you that? Speaking the truth is always the best way.

I'm sorry.

p s y t r a n c e f o r e v e r !!!

Of course that's important for each group to have feedback ... however, a constructive question each artist should ask is NOT "Did you like my track" but "What do you think I should improve in my track ?" :-)

Cause feedback saying "Yes your track is great" and nothing more is not constructive feedback imho, won't make you work better on your tracks.

I was expecting this would happen. I have a few INET friends who are in the contest with good songs. We threw a big goa-trance party, and one of my friends (he is in the contest too) played live there. If before him everybody was dancing crazy and stuff, when he started to play, 1/2 of the ppl there stopped and listened to his music, and came closer to the stage (the others were probably stoned or drunk and were 'in trance' with the music). So they liked it. Being liked on the dance floor is cool. But hearing other artists' oppinions and ideas is also good for them, that's why "What do you think about my song?" should be accepted. "Did you like my song?" - the waiting for the results of such a big contest is painfull for some guys :)

Respect