Some Tips on India Please!

Guest Munkey Mike

Hey All,

am doing my own research but was wondering on some things:

accomadation is paid for but about how much would food be for 2 people? just a round-a-bout figure, am there for 1 month... also is something gonna go down in Goa for NYE? I know it isn't the same, but I wanna go before I"m to old hehe... will be fun for sure, can't wait to see this great land, an one month will be plenty I thinkk.

Thanx,

Mike D.

Well how much you'll need for food will heavily depend on whereabouts in India you'll be, but around Goa, figure from 30 rupees upwards for a simple dish. You'll get a good meal for ~100 rupees. For beer, go for Kingfisher, San Miguel & the likes. Ice beer is best avoided.

an one month will be plenty I thinkk.

What the hell, no it certainly won't. It's a huge country you know.

Guest psyfraggle

hi Mike

food - depends on how you like to eat.... if you want a nice HEARTY 3 meals, and drinks to wash it down I would say set aside Rs.300 a day.

Alternatively you can do the backpacker thing.. buy groceries & dish up a meal yourself (thats if your on a budget@!!)

goa during december - theres heaps happening :)

Hilltop, Discovalley & Bamboo forest all have parties runnign during christmas & new year. This is in the anjuna/vagator area

NYE is the biggest day in the calender & all the venues are spilling over with party goers.... DiscoValley & Hilltop are the favourite venues for the psy freaks.

January you will find yourself with smaller parties but mor eintimate and a freaky friendly vibe ;)

1 month in Goa can be enuff..... depends on what you want really...but 1 month for the whole country is kind of a rushed affair!!

invest in a copy of th elonely planet and it will make your holiday enjoyable :)

lite n luk

pSifraggle.

• 4 weeks later...

mikey throw away that lonely planet....... you need about 400 rupees to live comfortably in india on top of accomodation... i lived on 350 with accomodation but spend a little bit, its real cheap anyways. :-/

If you go to Goa choose Yellow House in Vagator beach.100 rupees/night.But Bombay is really expensive. The most expensive place in India.You can ask anybody... You will find.Anything.

Bombay is very expensive....Thats very true. Avoid taking cabs in Goa for sightseeing and travelling better hire a bike which is Rs100 per day not inculusive of gas..................