what's the latest trend in psy?

Guest Woggly

I was wondering, what has been the latest trends in psy? i haven't been listening to psy for a while, since last summer probably, it always comes in waves, for a few months i'm a psy nazi then a few months later i won't stand to listen to it, then back to psy...over n over again...well anyways what's been the latest trends? i noticed when i stopped listening it was all boring monotone basslines, and stupid access virus high pass filter sounds...only thing i've heard being recent is thirteen skulls...hrmm...was nice, but for some reason i think that they're the exceptional tracks of the time. I've heard unusual suspects are very good, this true?:)

Guest dam10n

crystal skulls was good, unusual suspects is worth a poke as well, plenty of posford collaborations in there.

if you haven't heard the haltya / pelin pala / demon tea sound then do so, it'll make you sh1t diagonal. (does me anyway)

likewise new stuff on exogenic.

GMS got 4 albums this year (or something) and alien project got new one in a month or so (if you believe the hype), logic bomb got something on the horizon as well. so maybe stuff hasn't changed that much :o)

but the monotone bass + sparse hats you mention -has- evolved, more textured now. The scene am healthy and nice.

Guest Setsuko

LOL afghanfan ... :-)

to woggly ... be aware of the house influences that entered the psytrance scene ... man i like them .. so smooth and fresh :-) 2002 had an incredible start ... but we're all waiting for the tegma album and ofcourse ...... CROSSLINKS !

Guest Barrington

psytrance is timeless in a way that trance is not.

new tracks sound every bit as good as the old-skoolers.

I for one don't care, and usually don't even bother to find out how new a track is. if it sounds good, i play it. and that's all that matters.

im not one of these preoccupied zealots that must follow the latest psy trends like some fashion victim.

thats why i love psytrance. it just doesnt age.

Guest Setsuko

a hum , Barrington sounds to confident to be a newbie .. he he

Basiliks is wright , trend is a very silly word ... let's call it a new breeze , a fresh funky one :-)