INDIA SCENE INFO

In case you find Goa to be "too much", there are plenty of smaller, less brass and noisy places where the psy-people congregate.

GOKARNA - several hours south of Goa by road or train. more organic

and less spoilt scene than goa. A hippie vibe, rather than the tattooed/pierced/high-speed motorbike tribe of goa. cheap bamboo huts, non-stop THC daze. Low prices. fewer tourists. party scene is establishing with venues, and fliers being printed. several beaches with varying degrees of remoteness and hardcoreness. It's more slow paced and walking takes place of motorbike. however, roads are being built and extended. many real freaks here.

VARKALA - a long jounrney south of Goa by train will take you to developing beach resort near the southwest tip of India. beautiful beach crowned by red clifftop - with natural fresh hotspring. filled with simple seafood restruants, yoga and meditation courses, and cheap smoke. You can get ganja, where Goa is strictly hash. Occasional psy-trance parties - much less frequent and organized than Goa. good surf - try and rent a board!

HAMPI - insane, mind-bogglingly psychedelic views of ancient temples and rock formations. a Natural wOnder of the World for sure. East of goa, reachable by tourist/local bus. people tend to go here after the goa/gokarna season and it is throbbing and filled with smoke and party people in Feb/March - when the freaks get bored of counting sandgrains.

Organied psy-trance parties and established drug mafia. Slightly dodgy, best to explore is groups cause the muggers and idiot locals wandering about, and some corrupttion abounds.

PURI - very sacred temple town 10 hours south of CALCUTTA by train. Home to the extreme JAGGANATH and SUN temples. Intense powerful energy, religious rituals and many pilgrims. possession of ganja and opium (for religious purposes) is bona fide LEGAL, and sold freely in shops near the temple and beach.. Most travellers stay near a filthy beach at the fishing village. easyigoing and mellow - lots of mosquit oes and good seafood.

a tiny group of psy-freaks and religious-heads stay here for the whole season. lots of japanese kidz also.

MANALI - VASHISIHT - PARAVATI VALLEY

is home of isrealis, italisn freaks, rebellious japanese, international drug dealers, punjabi tourists, honeymooning indian couples, touts, illicit farmers,societial dropouts, psy-trance heads and party people! Manali attracts more upscale and indian tourists - vashisht is a small village with a 24/7 chillum smoking scene and tourit sadhus - a little psy trance. further east in the Paravati valley, the villages of Kasol and Kalga attract the hardcore smoker/party people - and all of the associated mayhem. higher in the valley, away from the motorable road - is more peaceful and serene - the higher and harder you go - the fewer crowds and distractions.

OMKARESHAWAR - north east of Goa, closer to Mumbai, is this holy pilgramage town. Many real sadhus ("holy men"), sadhus who speak Englisha nd smoke and beg from travellers, and westerners who walk arround in loinclothes and are sampling or living the life of the indian renuncinate....

Dude, where in Thailand are you at the moment? Haad Rin? I mean it must be some crappy place as you feel like sitting in an inet-cafe typing these long, admittably very well-written and informative, stories. ;) ;) I've also stumbled across some of your messages on the TT at LP. Hey, keep 'em comin', Puri sounds like a place to check. Where are you headed after the OZclipse, I'm guessing not back to the States anyway? You've been on the road like what, more than a year now? Laters.

i'm in Bangkok, and it's Saturday night! I'm going out

it would be a crime not to check out the local commerical trance/house/Ecstasy scene! it can get pretty HOT.

i am on a psychelic mission RTW - and i have no imeadiate plans to go back to Florida.

p.s. I don't think i could handle Had Rin anymore - I heard they now play Brittney Spears on the beach and most sound systems have a more profitable "No Psy-Trance" policy and all night long "Drink Specials"

Thailand is RAPPPIDDLY changing!!!!! Big Business is the name of the game now, and traveller/real backpacker stuff is getting suffocated!

if you want authentic psy-trance vibes is thailand , you have to search pretty hard. it does exist though - isreali party people and some composers come here and keep it happening.

Guest psyquest

<<> thx..fr the info....on goa.n diff psy parts of India.....it feel so nice to know tht there r other places thn goa n manali too.....planning to visit Hampi ..or Puri.....exciting places..or u can say special places..! phase du u have ne particular info on ne artists or psy trance composers coming down to..goa..coz i don wanna mis tht..but if nooone..then maybe i can explore other places thn goa..? wht u say..? ne one with details../

psyquest,

goa party info is VOLITALE! it changes faster than the the melody in an Etnica track. it is all VAPOR RUMORS. it is more uncertian than the stockmarket or horse racing odds. IS THERE A PARTY TONIGHT? WHERE SI THE PARTY? WHERE IS THE *GOOD* PARTY? is all debated constantly, underneath a cloud of hash smoke or next to a motorbike - in Goa.

you will NEVER know who is going to show up, or play in goa - until you hear the music playing.

last year, one new years day - Goa Gil (US) , Domino (UK) and Aerodance (RU) played - all suprised and unannounced until HOURS before their sets.

Goa Gil ALWAYS plays arround Christmad NYE - that is the only thing you can count on.

Guest psyquest

phase....smoke...respect....plurr.....psyquest>>>

thx..fr the info..dude....i know abt last year...where goa gil domino ..n xp played their sets ur right it ws truly a surprise thing....neways wot a aprty...goa gils also has his chrismas parties...aka..27 or 28 or 29,,neways jus wanted to know if ne other big artists sceduled or they themselves if someone reed the forum let us know...

• 2 weeks later...

one more place worth mentioning... pushkar in rajasthan... good scene , cool place, coorful locals and a taste of the more robust north... rajasthan is a place of deserts, temples and forts..... you will find the occasional scene there..... 3 places where packers go, but which suck big time are pg in delhi, sudder street in calcutta and colaba in mumbai.. avoid these places if you can.. stay somewhere else its much better......

yeah...anyones trip to india wouldn't be complete without a visit to Rajasthan. It is one of the most beautiful places iv seen...and Pushkar is unreal from what my sister claims (I have yet to go...even though im from that part of India...maybe my next trip to India).

• 11 months later...
Guest shivaan

manali-goa-bangkok, how'z da drug scene in these routes? whats the best time to visit manali? i'm planning end of jan or early feb, i knw its a lill too early, cuz gonna be too cold...but cant resist.....leaving home is sumthing am about to do..........for heck of a long time.......feb would there be any freaks around himachal? i mean kasol,parbativalley,dhungri,vashisht,oldmanali...etc......lemme knw if ny1's got info

thanx......and peace alwayz