Parties in Amsterdam

Guest irstas

I'm going to Amsterdam next weeks thursday and I found some info on an outdoor party somewhere in Amsterdam. In the info there also read that there will be more announced later... But my problem is that I won't have access to the Internet next week, so I wondered if any of you have a clue of where the party might be?

It will be my first time in Amsterdam so I want to make it "perfect" ;)

visit an internet cafe. most hostels have internet too. and there's always the 24 hour internet cafe "easy everthing" near rembrandtplein.

you can't do without internet, man. :-)

but i guess you will not read this, because today's thursday already.

the best site for amsterdam are

www.goatrance.net and www.goatrance.nl.

the location is often only indicated last minute...

alway double check alst minute on the site

whether party wasn't cancelled (due to rain or so...)

maybe i see u there :)

Guest irstas

thanX pals!

and edu.. that was where I found the info... it seemed to be a legal one, or maybe things are different down there than here in Finland, so they can give out info on the web about illegal parties as well...

and... :D boy am I gonna have fun!!!

generally the parties announced in a'dam on goatrance.net are illegal, unless it's specificly mentioned that it's a legal one :)

enjoy!!!!

Guest irstas

here all the illegal parties are very hush-hush... I guess everything is a little bit more open minded there.

whoohoo...

maybe...dunno what finland's like...but of course at a'dam parties too police does show up every now and then and stop the party...

yeah, once in a while people tell me to shut up after i've been talking openly on goatrance.net or .nl about the location of an upcoming party, but i think those people are a bit paranoid. i don't think the police in holland actually does investigations into illegal parties. they mostly just respond to complaints when they come to stop a party.

but maybe this will change with the new government, a coalition of christians, fascists and kapitalists. ;-)

-> Mitä sillä on väliä vaikka .se ei ole Suomessa, voihan sitä olla "loggautunut" sisälle mistä vaan, eikö vain?

What I meant with "hush-hush" was that in general the so called illegal parties, e.g. "metsä bailut" aren't very promoted on the web... or the last one which I went to actually was, but I guess that was more of an exception than a rule. What do u think Järsimähäiriö?

And don't call me an imposter, you wicked you!

YOU IMPOSTER!!!

Oh my apologies, noticed your request not to be called one too late.

Hmm... Dunno, you seem pretty confident about this... My experience is that mostly all parties are advertised somewhere... but then again, I also could be horribly wrong, way off, high on cocaine, totally out there, ready to be carried away, talking out of my backside etc. etc. So I guess it's safe to say that it's extremely probable that most parties just go unnoticed from my behalf.

Ja niin, luotan selitykseesi tuosta .se-sotkusta, minä noista helvettiäkään tajua.

Guest spacemonkey - 604

hey, ":-D (---.com21.casema.net)", don't you love our new governement? ;-)

they must, by far, be the most incompetent pricks i have ever seen, that they are still running surprises me quite a bit, and probably everyone that voted LPF, must be shaming him/herself immensely!

Guest :-D a a n

Yeah, they should be ashamed, having voted for this bunch of job seekers. The only LPF minister that seems to be honest is the one for immigration and intrgration, and he wants to kick Dutch criminals of Maroccan descend out off the country! The stupid bastard!

And the new governement forbids the testing of XTC at parties. Before, people could have the quality of their XTC pills tested at parties, legally, at big parties. Not that this is affecting me personally, but it is an example of the "go-to-bed-in-time we-know-what's-good-for-you" attitude of the Christian Democrats.

The Christian Democrat prime minister Balkenende actually went to Sweden to be inspired by the Swedish "Value Commission". What's this commission going to do? Think of ways how to force mr. Balkenende's values upon me? Is his government going to use television to do that?