Trip to India

Hello guys...Im going to spend a month in Goa, I was wondering if any of you guys have nice advices about stuff useful to know.

And I would like you to know any cheap flights from London to Goa, and where I can get the best info about that.

Thanks.

Plur

Well, i know the Candolin area pretty well. I dont know about flights, but if you have some other questions, i can try to answer them.

I lived in Goa for about 4 months and volunteered as a teacher in a high school. I have seen many different sides to Goa, and I'd be happy to help with more specific questions - email me.

take care,

bomble

Guest DJ Full Lotus

You can get charter flights straight to Goa from the UK. Otherwise, you'll have to fly in to Mumbai and either get an internal flight, the train or bus. There is also a ferry service available from Mumbai to Goa. Check out the Rough Guide to India or Lonley Planet Guide. Be aware of the local laws as well. Goa is great to party in, but you have to be careful(drugs) and respect the locals....it's not like any other part of India. Have fun....and Namaste!!

Thank you for all the replies :)

And dont worry, I dont want to go there to be the normal european tourist, that only wants drugs and problems.

I like to travel to countries, and avoid the tourist route as much as possible. I like to get to know the local people, and make them see me as less tourist as they can, since that is the only way to really know where you are.

Anyway, Ill keep posting my doubts, thank you for your help.

Plur

• 4 weeks later...
Guest samsara

why are you going to goa?

theres a lot more to India than Goa...

Goa is very westernized..keep in mind it was a portugese colony for quite some time and is completely different from India itself...

if you want to get off the beatan track in goa..(if thats possible) dont stay in anjuna or candolin stay in Chapora or across that river near Chapora...

Sam