How big are parties where you live?

Guest peaceful warrior

Really? Holly @!#$! Where I am from (Arizona, USA) there are maybe 20-25 people at an event. But then again it is just starting out. There is one small but dedicated group of DJs who are the only reason we have any events here at all. So cheers to overmind!

Guest Protex Midget

Well, when you have big commercial psy-parties then we get around 2000 people.

But i usualy go to smaller parties with 150-300 people... those are the best, becuase you get quality music and good people (no "Shimonim")

Guest Protex Midget

Although i do recall a party on "nitsanim" beach, with GMS, X-dream, Logic bomb and more... anyway, there were around 3 thousand people at that party (i think)...

Wow, I really miss them 100-300 ppl parties.

Creates a vibe you won't catch on a bigger one. Big bada booms to the ones that attends to the smaller ones.

Here in Sweden we get approx 300-1000 ppl.

/Örebro Power

Guest cpt_shiner

most of the parties that go on are way smaller than that... having 1000-2000 ppl at a party requires quite a lot of pre-planning and logistics... youd prolly get close to that at some of the one night bigger parties where headliners play... but most of the ones YOU dont hear of arnt that big...

Guest cpt_shiner

altho come to think of it u may get between 300-1000 comming and going thru during the night, but by the morning most ppl have gone...

Guest Mike D

ok, yes, most undegournd aren't that big. I also took into acount alle raves seing as the original didn't specify alternative/psy trance. SOP the Welcome patire averaged between 10 - 15 thousadn, Gatecrasher was well above 1 thousand, and lotsa little local rave such as Wetmusik which average between 300 to 1,000. So if it is psytrance specific, then yes, 300-1000. If it is raves in general then I'd stick 1,000 - 2,000. And Cpt, please inform me of the smaller raves hehe, I am getting a bit bored sometimes of just my cd's :-)

Guest Dr. Krelm

In Austin, TX, we usually have:

50-100 for the smaller more underground parties with local DJs

200-400 for the "larger" promoted parties with out-of-town acts

But it is always slowly growing. :) The smaller things happen usually every month, and the larger parties maybe 3-4 times per year.

Dallas is a little up north of us and they have larger parties. They still have the smaller parties with 50+ nutters, but they have also had 2 or 3 parties with 1000+.

Guest Meikkis

In Helsinki, Finland

Big commercial ones may have hundreds...like Ozric Tentacles (well it`s not exactly trance, but who cares, and the upcoming simon p gig can be very full)

And smaller "by the people - for the people" parties have 20-50 persons...

...The best parties I`ve been in were at my friends` summer cottage with approx 20 persons paricipating

Guest Fry Brain

Here in rio de janeiro we have, usually, 1000-3000. But sometimes 5000-8000.

When its commecial.(these usually have DB, techno, house, tents as well)

But there are also the smaller ones 200-300, but they are not happening so often nowadays. shame.

You can take a look at these pictures.

http://www.baladaplanet.com.br/fotos.asp

See it for yourself.(60% of these parties are in sao paulo, but they are similar in rio)

It depends!!

You have the bigger and more commercial events here in Belgium (with 1000, sometimes even 2000 people), but no good vibes here and no real Goa-heads!!

You also have every weekend a few Psy-tekk and Goa-Trance parties here with 100-500 people!!

Bom Shankar

Anoebis

Guest Zero the Hero

In south of France, if the party is promoted you can reach 1000+ (without any "big" name), if not you even get easily 300 - 400

But, note that hardcore tekno can bring 10000 to 15000 in free parties or teknivals...

Guest Alien

In Cape Town we have about 2 Goa/psy outdoor parties every weekend with 300 - 500 and once every 3 weeks about 2000 - 4000 party people. Lucky arn't we.