Producers?!?

Guest Elysium Project

I bet we now will see 50 posts saying Mr. Posford :-)) It seem to me that this post is repeating itself over and over again....:-)

Guest spirit_dancer

yes...i think everyone knows about simon and AP...im wondering about the otheres...as in "how many artists are producers"...and EP..if this post has come up earlier..please lead me to it cuz i wanna know where i can find this info..thanx.

Guest Elysium Project

No it is ok spirit I was merely doing a ironic comment about people's lack of noticing other artists / producers..... I did not mean your post but the post infront of mine...... anyway I have a hard time understanding exactly what you are asking for??? Do you ask for musicians that also work as producers for other bands or?????

Guest spirit_dancer

lol..well..i guess i didn't make much sense...aight..here goes...im asking how many artists are acutally producers and vice versa...in the psy scene...couldn't bother too much about the others....just curious cuz i don't know much about this...the only two that i know are simon and AP..im sure there are loads out there that iv heard but i just don't know of them...i hope thats a little clear...:-))

Guest Elysium Project

Lol... I still do not know eactly what you mean.... But I can tell you that most artists are considered producers and eingineers since they do all the work in the studio by themsleves.... I for my part almost always compose, mix, engineer and produce my music...

Guest spirit_dancer

aah..thanx...that clears things up...was a little confused...i guess all/most of them do the same thing:)...unlike the 'pop' industry...just wanted to compare.

Youth has to be one of the ultimate producers in the scene. Not only did he act as mentor to the aforementioned Simon Posford, he also won a Brit award for producing the Verve album, gained international acclaim for producing the Orb's 'Little Fluffy Clouds' and has just turned out one of the finest productions I have heard in ages in the form of 'East of the River Ganges' (I have already sent a review to Children).

Another excellent producer is of course Raja - again loads of musical history and some sweet things to his name.

And one of my pet favourites, Greg Hunter ... also involved with the Orb in the early days, produced his own superb albums (Subsurfing - 'frozen ants', Alien Soap Opera 'second wave', Lotus Blossoms) and has been on the production of Dub Trees (with Youth) Juno Reactor and lots of other stuff.

bomble

Guest Elysium Project

I agree bomble.. I have had the pleasure of working with Youth and I he is a very fine producer and person. Don't forget he also stood behind bands such as System 7, Jazz :-)), Killing Joke (he still play the bass in that band) and was also a mentor for Paul jackson (Voodoo People) and MWNN (Martin Freeman). Untop of that he has released a ambient project together with his old good friend Paul Mcartney. I am one of the lucky ones to have recieved this EP. :-))