>>> Party Oriented Tracks for newbies

Guest FinnHawk

I'm an aspiring Hard Trance DJ from Victoria, BC, Canada. I plan on spinning everything from Hard Trance, Acid Techno/Trance, Goa/Psy Trance, Psychedelic Nu-NRG/Hard House (like the track "Blue Oyster" by Captain Tinrib) to Freeform/Trancecore, so basically any Hard Trance from about 150 to 180 bpm. Just for your interests sake, some good examples of Freeform/Trancecore that you should be able to find on audiogalaxy for those of you who haven't heard it include:

Helix - Now Control, Energy - Waves of Desire, Sharkey - Product of Society, Energy & S4 - The Baptism

There is a huge lack of Hard Trance DJs here... Lots of Progressive DJs, but none that spin harder trance. Goa/Psy Trance is also relatively unknown and under represented in the scene here.

Anyways, I'm looking for your suggestions of faster party oriented Goa/Psy tracks with really catchy riffs... stuff that newbies who've never heard Goa/Psy might like.

A few examples of what I'm looking for include:

Infernal Machine - The Loin Sleeps Tonight

Tim Schuldt - Return to Second Earth

Sun Project - 380 Volts

Skazi - Chainsaw

Johann - Stranded (The Delta Remix)

I'm not really looking for anything that's just crazy psychedelia that fries your brain. Good catchy riffs (but not too cheesy) that people would go nuts for on the dancefloor is really what I'm interested in....

Thanks,

Sal

Hmm, as for suggestions...The first thing that pops into my mind is Talamasca: Musica Divinorum (the whole album). Also Alien Project's album Midinight Sun might be your thing. The following tracks by X-dream: Freak, Electromagnetic, & Telegram. If you like the Delta remix of Stranded then also check out the Delta: As A Child I Could Walk On the Ceiling. I hope that helps. I'm sure there's lots more.

180 bpm!! I don't think there's anything I've heard that fast.

Guest FinnHawk

No, most goa tops out at 150-160 bpm... Even Freeform aka Trancecore (basically Hardcore Trance) is mostly about 170 bpm.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

Guest FinnHawk

145 is still ok, cuz I can pitch it up to 150+

So tracks that are 140-150 bpm are still alright as long as they pitch well...

Sal

Guest Mesiaz

Here's some hard, fast and driving tunes:

Wizzy Noise - Deeply Unexpected, awesome track :)

Neuromotor - Organic Confusion rmx, really good one too.

Joti Sidhu - X-N-Trick

Adrenalindrum - Adrenalindrum vs Wizzy Noise

check them out ;)

Guest Reece

TEXAS FAGGOTT!!!!!!!

- the non-cheesy stuff

btw, can ppl really dance @ 180 bpm for extended periods of time???

you would loose me from the dancefloor thats for sure....

but then again, i dont take speed.

:-)

Guest AtomikElf

jaia: brainstorm - nice, fast track(for goa)

also check out some "battle of the future buddhas", "fractal glider", "kasol" - not all are fast, but these bands get quite intense, and tend to be on the speedier side of psytrance ;)

Guest Avneesh

all the neuromotor stuff basically...ummm yeah as a child i could...thats one u should look for, if u want riffs go for sun project, neuromotor, and maybe some electric universe, oh yeah skazi is great with riffs too

Guest Entare

How bout:

Wizzy noise- Wizzy in the run;

Sun project- I feel, Space dwarfs;

Infected Mushroom- One absolute;

Space cat- Deep rising;

all fast good tracks for going bannanas

anyways u're right bout psy in Vancity area no knowledge bout psy at all. Just moved from Europe and i was surprised that all of my friend don't know anything bout it. Hope is still on' I played them some stuff and got already future psy lovers.

BOM!!