Audiogalaxy

lol dam10n, i don't either for the above reasons, and i have a couple of mates who buy a load of cds, so if there is anything i can't afford to get i can burn it off them :oP

Guest Setsuko

i do too ... mainly because the pieces of music you get to hear on psynews , trancetrax .. etc . are way to short to be 101% sure if the album is worth buying

... but EP , don't you have a Mac ? ☻

Guest Valerio

I hate cds without booklet, I love the original which could offer me full sound quality and feelings !

I use Audiogalaxy for downloading tracks for fun (or just for the car) like old 80' tracks and so on !

Guest [tom jaimz]

I use AudioGalaxy to distribute my mixes [check them out if you haven't already. ;-)]. Sometimes I download the odd 80s track [like Scorpions - Winds Of Change ;-)] and a couple of old goa tracks I feel like listening but they're packed in a box in a garage about two hours north of Sydney [Delfo - Tio Mate!].

I use it when there's a release that none of my nearby shops carry - i'll admit it -I'm a pirate!

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

arr, matey! shiver me timbers! aye, cap'n! uhhh.... swab the decks, matey!.. ........ hmmm..... walk the plant, ye skalleywag!

Elysium, if there's a track nobody can buy because it's out of print, & someone

uploads it to a "file sharing" program, so that 10 times more people can hear it,

do you object to that? It's a fact that only one to ten thousand people (depending

on the number of pressings) can own the "original" copy of your average trance tune at any one time... and there are only so many used record shops.

Example: I can't find "Keep It Cool" anymore, or even the comp. it was licensed

to (Transient 3). But I can download it from Audiogalaxy. I wouldn't do the same

with your new album, for a variety of reasons (bad sound quality, bad ethics, &

general "lameness"). On the other hand, with so many music resources on the

Web, and so much old goa, it'd be a shame NOT to share music. This scene

has a rich history, and it deserves to be passed down.

Guest Elysium Project

Well Inu I can't stop you from downloading my tracks but I dont like it ! Even if you can't find my old tracks does not make it more acceptable in my opinion!

You could try to buy the older music second hand.

I know that you're still are able to find my and many other artists old CD's.

In my universe there's no excuse for downloading music without paying for it!

Keep It Cool has been released on other compilations too and on my first CD "Dance For The Celestial Beings" which I just have found out can be bought at several "commercial" online shops such as HMW in London. So you see it is possible to find old music without downloading it for free. All it take is a bit of searching! - But I am aware of that some people don't care to search for the music when it'sso much easier to download it - without any charge!

how about the sheyba track 'into the 4th dimension' on an early flying rhino release.. does it make it any more acceptable if the song is that rare? [that sheyba 12" is tough to find!]... and anyhow the artist would recieve nothing from the sale of the second hand record.

i mean, what does the average fan who buys cds do when they want everything released by an artist yet some is completely unattainable... go without?! we can't have that now can we =)

Guest Elysium Project

Well again that's up to people if they download the tracks or not!

I just dont approve of it! I also would like some old music which I can't find...but that dosen't mean that I download it - I dig in and do some more searching!

Guest bugbread

So, essentially, EP, you're saying that you would prefer to not listen to a track available over your computer and instead spend massive manhours tracking down a second-hand copy, despite the fact that not one penny of the proceeds of that sale would go to the artist or the record company? Until now I've understood and basically agreed with your ideas on MP3 trading, but I don't understand this.

I assumed the argument was that MP3 pirating was bad because it deprives artists and labels of funds. But if it's bad even if purchasing the product gives no money to the artist or label, what is your moral foundation? It's somehow evil in a religious way?

And just to stop you from any misunderstandings: I am talking ONLY about out of print, no-longer distributed CDs, of which every copy has been sold. I am NOT talking about CDs which are still in stores but extremely rare.

Guest Elysium Project

Well Bugbread we are all different. I do not like the idea of downloading without buing! And yes I rather dig into a massive search than downloading!

In 80% I have found what I was looking for! The last 20% well I keep looking and else - well bad luck! - I refuse to download it!

There's no "evil in a religious way" here ! It's my dessision that's all! And I am intitled to it - at least I respect other artists rights - many of you could actually learn something here! - well I know I am speaking to some dead ears - but hey a man can dream can't he?

Last I rarely listen to music over the computer - why? - well the quality is pure @!#$ compared to a quality hi-fi !