...raja ram's stash bag...

listen it's just awesome what do you need to know... seriously, one of the best things i've heard in years and can't stop playing it. tons of samples all over the place, e-rection 'out here we are stoned' and a couple of others are aded extra tweak by benji vaughan, and all the tunes are either tip classics and/or stuff feat raja in collaboration with riktam, chicago, posford, etc. you can't go wrong. and the cover art is wonderful by doof which is always nice. and terrance mckenna is sampled and played all over the place. and south park.

Guest [tom jaimz]

Ok, I think the big question for me, is do all of the old tracks [and about 80% of the comp is old], just sound the same as they did, or does he tweak/remix/mix then in or what? I mean, is this a TIP best-of, or does it feel fresh?

And does he fit all those tracks on one CD or two?

unfortunately it's one CD... like spaceships of the imagination, it's conceptually a 2cd set but for some rason crammed into one CD. (but not as bad as spaceships with that pisstake of 2 mins of shpongle remix)

80pc of the comp is old. everything has been remastered by benji so a couple of the tunes like infinity project and e-rection do sound more up to date. but basically yes it is a kind of best of, but put through the blender a bit to make it sound fresh. it's a new concept. kinda.

it's a fast moving mix and it certainly changed the way i think about psy deejaying. in much the same way that funkmaster flex or whatever changes the way ya think about hip hop mixing.

Guest Phaedrus

it just kinda ticks me off .. tht ppl are called audiogalaxy leechers ... yes we shld support the artists .. and buy cds .. but one cannot possibly buy every cd ..

Wat I do not understand is the failure of the music industry to adapt to this obviously new n convenient way to distribute music .. are they just plain dumb? or simply too greedy for profits to give a damn?

As it happens, I study a boring business course in a boring new england university ... and all they teach me is crap .. but Ive learnt .. tht things like the mp3 thing .. are called disruptive innovations .. tht means tht they are things tht completely alter the way an industry works .. such that the ruling order of the industry cannot possibly cope with the change because of latencies tht get built in when an industry such as the music industry consolidates to an inflexible form such as it has now ..

Now, disruptive innovations at first set the ruling order a bit back .. and its usually the smaller unestablished companies tht then step up .. and take advantage .. at this point .. the bigger companies have an option .. they can either cooperate and realise the gains of greater volumes at lower cost .. or muscle up and throw the small guy out .. classic big dog-eat-small dog stuff!!

So wats the situation here? The companies banned napster .. now theyre targetting audiogalaxy .. soon tht`ll go too .. but they cant go on forever cuz theres always ftp`s and things like direct connect and gnutella or watever... the list goes on .. banning one napster created 15 other programs like it.

Wats the point of all of this? Am i saying music shld be free, n we shld feed like parasites on the creative genius of artists like simon posford or someone, while they remain unpaid?

NO .. absolutely not .. tht cant happen cuz tht`ll kill our scene ..

But .. then on the other hand .. shld we continue to feed everyone tht produces music while there exist cheaper more efficient means of distribution? Sure u can ... if u`r dumb n stupid

fact is .. there is no reason u shld be charged astronomical prices for cd`s when u can easily get away charging a lot less .. I for one wld not mind paying say 50 cents for each mp3 ..