Psy and movie samples

oo ooo oooo I know i know!!!! oo pick me!! ooo right here!! oh yeah, this is a forum, it's ALWAYS my turn to speak...

howbout all those awesome samples from the MATRIX all the best artists are using nowadays, huh? :: wink wink :: yeah! Howbout that MATRIX!

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

just kidding, of course.... they're lame!

Guest bugbread

Hehe...I actually don't recognize most of the samples from the Matrix, so I dont know how many there are. I did notice that after I saw the Matrix for the second time a month ago I recognized a few samples though. Guess I should be more of a Matrix fan to recognize them?

Probably my favorite, although I have no idea why, are the samples of the eye maker from Blade Runner is some Alien Project track.

Guest brandon

yea...samples from both the Matrix AND Fear and Loathing are way overused in psy...there are so many more obscure movies out there, and so much more room for creativity

"You shall see hail fall from the clearest sky!

You shall see bitter waters! You shall see rays

of light! God is God"

From 10 Commandments... I'm in a fanatical mood

today ;))

there's a tune on the new adrenalin drum album which has like the mostmatrix samples per track second than anything else i've heard.... heh.

anybody know the one that goes, "stuttering stanley, stuttering stanley, STUTTERING STANLEYYY!" from the sixth sense... i know I've got it but am fed up of lookin now :o)

Guest FrY Brain

Yeah, I heard thousands of samples from the matrix.

I guess the coolest one is GMS - blue pill. IMO.

But besides matrix, there should be other tracks with cool stuff.

Like psysex - the evil turkeys

It starts with devils advocate and there are also lots of samples from south park.

Well... anyway, still waiting for ideas!!

Thanks!

Guest --==MileS==--

quote: "yea...samples from both the Matrix AND Fear and Loathing are way overused in psy...there are so many more obscure movies out there, and so much more room for creativity"

Nothing more to add, you are absolutely right

Guest Psystik

hy guys!!

I think you can find some samples of Matrix in a lot of traks ( like everybody say here ). But I think I have some diferrent names : MFG The message ., Space Tribe in Religious Experience...

There are also some good samples of Jeanne d' Arc in one track from Blue Planet Corporation ( " ...are you god!!" )_ Human Genom Project..

AND I think I recognized The Fif' Element in one track from Bamboo Forest.._ Automation.

Guest E-klektik

Look no further!!!

http://www.cs.umu.se/~tdv94ati/dj/goa.html

You'll have to cut-and-paste cuz I don't know how to post links. Click on "Samples".

This guy compiled over 500 samples listed by artist. It lists the song, the sample quote, many actual audio clips, and where the sample comes from. There are several with no source, likely unknown.

Thought it was a cool site to stumble across...

Miss E-klektik

The worst matrix sample has got to be the one in Absolum - Drumatrix Rmx...."How did you do that...you move like they do...i've never seen anyone move that fast"....now this would be a cool sample if it didn't repeat itself 100 times through the song...and the worst thing is that it's a bit slowed down....IT SOUNDS AWFUL!!!!

And hou bout shiva shidapu - the dark side of the force: "Do not undestimate the power of the dark side" WOOOWWW

the track is not that great, but the sample is a KILLER

PiNG