Synthetic Sadhus - Hallucinogen

well i thought i was gonna go...but now i dont think will. the amazura is the absolute worst ever venue. there is no chill out room, and no where to sit other than the floor, and not much of that space either. the security people are a right bunch of fucking assholes (my friend went into the bathroom, she took a piss and was thretenend with being thrown out for washing her hands) dont bring any lolipops, candy, mints, gum, or anything else cause theyll make you throw it out. and by the way..they have had on the synth-sad website that the security is new for the past 6 months..it aint new.

i will admit that the dance floor is nice and big and the soundsystem is pretty good, other than that....its @!#$. they should go back to the roxy...now that place was nice. anyways..heres the info if you want it:

Saturday December 01 2001

Doors open from 11pm till 9am.

Line-up:

The living trance legend, indisputable maestro of tweakage, and probably one of the most amazing musician on the planet, is back to the big apple. Also cofounder of the mind-blowing Twisted Records and the main knob-twiddling half of ambient sensation Shpongle, this unprecedented talent greets us with his very-latest live performance:

HALLUCINOGEN (TIP Records - Twisted Records - UK), LIVE!

Here comes the latest project of Benji Vaughan, the trance wizard behind Process, also collaborating with Simon Posford on the magical Younger Brother tracks and performing live for the 1st time in NY:

PROMETHEUS (TIP Records - Twisted Records - UK), LIVE!

TIP Records' father, through his uncompromising work as musician and Dj has been hugely responsible for the world wide development of trance music. Also signing of his magic the Shpongle's project, and after setting fire to the South American scene, here is the mad:

RAJA RAM (TIP Records - Shpongle - UK),

One of the French scene true originator, releasing since the early days on labels such as Dragonfly, Matsuri, Blue Room, TIP, and many others and still touring the world with his new project Antidote. Also the founder of Totally Eclipsed Records, Serge from the legendary:

TOTAL ECLIPSE (TIP - Blue Room - Dragonfly - France),

One of the leading psy-trance talent in the NorthEast, Brian's unique style represents the new American generation in trance. Also cofounder of the Growroom Records, our resident is undeniably heading right to the top:

KALYX (Synthetic Sadhus - Growroom - USA).

Decoration:

The most important psychedelic artist to this day, his work represents the true aesthetic heritage of India melted with his charismatic vision of psychedelism, pure visual blessing: BRAHMA (TIP Records - UK).

Projection by: ATOMIC JUICE (NYC)

Conveniently located by all public transportations and major highways.

AMAZURA BALLROOM

91-12 144th Place, Jamaica, Queens

New York

Featuring a brand new licensed security crew! <---- thats total bullshit

Direction:

By Subway - Take E, J, Z, to Sutphin Blvd Station. Walk down Archer Ave for 1/2 block following the tracks to 144th Place. Make a right and you are in front of the Amazura.

By Long Island Railroad - From Penn Station, 1 stop to Jamaica Station. From other points take it all the way to Jamaica stop. Walk down Archer Ave for 1/2 block following the tracks to 144th Place. Make a right and the Amazura is in front of you.

By Car From Manhattan - Take the Queensborough Bridge / 59th Street Bridge to L.I.E. to Grand Central Pkwy East, to Van Wyck Expwy South, to Hillside / Jamaica Ave. Exit, travel on service road to Jamaica Ave on which you make a left. Go strait to 144th Place, make a right and the Amazura is at the end of the street.

From Brooklyn/Staten Island - Belt Pkwy to Van Wyck Expwy towards the Withestone Bridge. Exit on Atlantic Ave and make a right, follow on Jamaica Ave (and follow above dir.)

From Bronx and Westchester - Take the Withestone Bridge to the Withestone Expwy to Van Wyck Expwy to Jamaica / Hillside Ave Exit and follow the above dir.

From Long Island - Take the L.I.E. to Van Wyck Expwy South (Kennedy Airport) to Hillside / Jamaica Ave Exit and follow the above directions.

From New Jersey/Pennsylvania & all points South - Take NJ Turnpike to George Washington Bridge to Cross Island Expwy to White Stone Bridge to White Stone Expwy to Van Wyck Expwy to Jamaica / Hillside Ave Exit and follow the above directions.

From Connecticut & all points from North - Take the New England Thruway to Throgs Neck Bridge to Cross Island Expwy heading towards the Withestone Expwy to Van Wyck Expwy to Jamaica / Hillside Ave and follow the above directions... Please drive safely

I'll be there.

I agree that the amazura is way out in queens, which is a pain, but it's a good spot.

the place is so big that it never gets hot and sweaty. Last time i was there i thought the sound system was good also. The security did change at some point though. I went to the Spacetribe party and got in in less than 5 minutes. Previous to that was the last Hallucinogen party when i waited for 2 hours in sub-zero temperatures cause of the effing security. I took me a year to go to another indoor party after that experience.

i've never been to the Roxy though so can't compare it to that.

I hear that Tsunami are doing New Years Eve. Any details on this?

I`ll be there ....

yea .. the synthetic parties are way out in Jamaica .. but so what .. they`re good parties .. and I wanna see Simon ...

personally I think Synthetic throws the best parties in the new york area .. judging by the last tsunami party especially .. that was terrible .. bad music, ok decor, worst ever vibe ..

Also, for all interested, there`s a party in limelight on December 7th where Wizzy Noise is playing ..

wizzy is not playing live i hear. i was told its a dj set...but who cares? its wizzy =)

as far as syth-sad goes....i would stop 90% of my bitching if they would just open up the chill out room. i can avoid the security and i can smuggle in candy, but i cant stand not having a chill out room...its just stupid. i know they have one there...ive been in it.

the tsunami new years party flyer i got just said that info will be comming.

Guest Lifeform

I wish i could go.......................................................................... : (

You guys have fun for me. and PLEASE review this show when it's over. Pictures too... if possible... i only wish......

Guest what???

the security at the space tribe party was well behaved. and i never had a problem washing my hands either.

i don't know what you guys are talking about when you speak of the roxy. yeah, it was a great place as far as the furniture and the set-up... and yeah, it had a chill out which is always nice... sure, i'll buy that. a more enjoyable place to party in, true dat. but personally i saw so much sketch that night as far as security goes (the logic bomb party). just as much as you see at the queens location, if not more. but, it stands to reason: there HAS to be lots of security, otherwise there would be no more legal parties in nyc. just ask a venue owner if they would like to lose their liquor license (or in nyc, their cabaret license), because the cops walked in and saw open drug sales- and yes, sadly, that's what it comes down to. club owners just aren't willing to take those risks anymore. the days where you could just throw a party with no security present, and have people walking around with huge bags of pills or whatever are over. i'm sorry too, but that's the way things are in this day and age.

the synthetic people do a good job with what they have, and care much more about the health of the psytrance scene than what's-his-face over at tsunami. i applaud their efforts.

I never had problems with security, they take their jolly ass time letting people in and thats it. They are really non-existent on the huge dance floor. The Roxy sucked, in a way having the party in Jamaica Queens keeps the crowd a psy-crowd. At the Roxy many people were there just cause its the Roxy. At the Amazura this weekend people will be there for a specific reason: The lineup rocks.

well... to each his (or her) own. it all boils down to personal expieriences. im glad you guys like the amazura, i just cant stand it there. i agree 100% that the synth-sad crew does an incredible job...i love thier parties. im probably not going to this one, only cuz sat. night isnt good for me, however much i dislike the amazura, id still go. i disagree about the crowd though...it was the same bunch of people at roxy as at amazura as at tsunami (its always the same bunch), no one seemed to be at the roxy just because it was there.

the security at roxy seemed pretty average as far as security goes. im glad you guys never had a problem with them at amazura....but i have and i know a lot of other people who have, why do you think the flyer makes a point of saying its a new crew? because they got too many complaints about the old crew thats why(but like i said....its the same crew).

anyway...its all a moot point. go... have fun... party safe. ill catchyas at wizzy noise.

yo mark .. dunnow man .. name some of the ppl in ur crew ..

I know a couple of psy heads living arnd the area .. Israeli bunch that lives in the third ave dorm .. which is where I live too ..

yea, but give me some names .

Pat is my good friend, lives in Third North. I also know Sam, he lives up on 26th st or someother dorm up there. I'm Neil from Philly. Your probably Sean or Jordan then, or someone else possibly.

Total Eclipse is not playing live. I think the flyer is slightly misleading in this respect. Unless you look closely, you don't see that its just Serge Souque.

The sadhus definately throw the best parties though.

Did anyone here go to El Cuco?