Questions for Posford

Right chaps,

I need your help. I have got to interview Simon Posford, yes hallucinogen-shpongle-younger brother the one and only etc.

The thing is, I'm at work right now and it's valentine's today so this evening is out too.

I won't have time to think up any questions which I normally like to do over some quiet contemplation with the appropriate herbal catalyst etc... anybody got any ideas about what I could ask him in the interview?

Cheers, muchos appreciated!

-Many people who listen to shpongle on LSD or Mushrooms feel that one must listen at least once on psychedelics to fully appreciate the music. We know you are not telling listeners to use drugs, but do you think that someone really needs to listen to shpongle on LSD or Mushrooms to fully appreciate it?

Many people who listen to shpongle on LSD or Mushrooms feel that one must listen at least once on psychedelics to fully appreciate the music. We know you are not telling listeners to use drugs, but do you think that someone really needs to listen to shpongle on LSD or Mushrooms to fully appreciate it?

Guest Mike Indidginus

Will he lead the Glorious Marmoset Army into battle against Demi-Duchess Roopak and the all-seeing Qwacken?

Please be sure to tell him that a simple yes or no answer will suffice. Oh yes, he'd better know that his chances for survival are slim too.

Guest Protex Midget

That's a good question Ploof !

Here's a question:

What do you think of the new minimal/progressive sound witch has entered psytrance?

What is the future sound of psytrance going to sound like?

hey I like the idea of asking about the new hallucinogen album

maybe i'll flush his head down the toilet till he tells me when it'll come out.

anybody here do a sideline in hired goons / concrete shoes?

i'll ask about parties and stuff.... and the druggy one.. keep em coming

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

I, like probably all other musicians here, would like to have just a tad of the tricks in his sleeve:

1. Which hard-/software does he use for effects? The phasing is incredible, it sounds like the parts move back and forth, up ad down, and even in and out of my head. The timestretches are also amazingly clean, and the effects on the female vocals on "Star Shpongled Banner"... Don't get me started!

2. Is there a nifty trick to do the staright->triolized (and vice-versa) "morphs"...? Other than doing it manually, that's a pain in the you know what :)

3. Does he use PC or Mac...? I've been wondering if I should change to Mac, as a lot of you know, and if his program only run on Mac... There you go - I WAN'T those phasers...

4. Where the H does his inspirations come from? I can't begin to imagine where the ideas for especially the Hallucinogen tracks comes from... That's probably because I don't do LSD, heheee...

5. I read somewhere, that he actually doesn't like most of his work particularly... So why on earth does he keep at it (I'm happy he does though...) - and what does he do about "writers block"? Again, I don't do LSD so I wouldn't know :)

That's about it... I'll probably think of some more when it's all too late... Will the interview be published on PsyNews?

mike your q wasn't posted when i started typing that response just now.

i might ask him about the marmousets quackens and toasters stuff

though it might compromise my journslistic integrity

as well as anger the great chrome dualit eight-slice that whispers orders to me in the night.

Guest Protex Midget

Maybe you could ask him to spare some time and give a listen to some of the tracks in the contest, and then he could say what he thinks about them.

I think it would be great to have your work reviewed by Simon Posford.

(don'y play him all the tracks, just a few of them like, ehh, ahh, ohh i don't know,

maybe, ehhh, the Ectopile track... hehe)

Guest AtomikElf

hmm, ploof, i can answer that one....YES!!! hehe (but not all the time)

what car does he drive?? hehe ;)

okay, uhm,

1. what are some of the freakiest things he's seen while dj'ing/live set??

2. where's the coolest country/city/place he's been to to party or to dj/live set??

3. why doesn't he come visit this forum so we can speak to him and maybe ask him some of our questions??

4. the world needs more of shpongle, and more of hallucinogen, is he working on this psychedelic craving?? what can we expect in the future??

5. how about getting/hiring someone to design clothes, pants, t-shirts, long tops, etc (have a whole selection), and also bring out some big psychedelic posters....y'know.....expand the twisted database ;) the market needs it!!

6. what's his personal favourite shpongle song, and what's his favourite hallucinogen song?? and what are his top 5 artists out there??

7. what does HE listen to when he goes to bed at night, or when he drives around, or when he wakes up, etc.??

8. what does he think about DMT?? what's his opinions on DMT regarding life/alien portal/highway to hell/other side of reality/etc.....feel free to talk as much as you want to about this.....we're interested.

9. what is his opinion about the evil side of psychedelics and psytrance, and what is his opnions about the good side of psychedelics and psytrance??

10. how high is he when he makes his music (hehehe)??

11. does he have any pets??

12. if he has a party at his house, what kinda music does he play?? (be honest now)

13. shpongle is truly mindblowing (especially while under the influence) - are you sure u're human.....coz we all know you're an alien in disguise as simon posford, hehehe!!

14. what are his new year's resolutions??

15. so what kinda car DOES he drive?? ;)

okay, that's all i can think of for now

cool vibes

"intensual"

Guest AtomikElf

no quitting now dam10n!! have....to.....stick......to it......!!!! just email him again, and again, until you get it right!!! hehehehehe ;) just joking.

why don't you ask him to come to this thread and stick with it - let the people ask him questions, and he can reply to the ones he wants to answer?? like a true democracy hehe!! that would be awesome ;)

cool vibes

"intensual"

Guest [tom jaimz]

Things I'd ask Simon Posford.

o At what stage did he make the conscious decision to shy away from the Hallucinogen sound and explore the Shpongle sound. Does he feel that it's a major transition to go from writing Hallucinogen tunes to Shpongle tunes, and does he now feel more comfortable with the Shpongle sounds?

o How does he feel about the public opinion that there exists a Hallucinogen 'sound'? Originally, he was a true innovator, yet now all of his releases have the same Posford sound - instead of bringing us entirely new sounds, he merely shows us another face of the Posford shape. Was this a motivator in his move the the Shpongle sound? If he was to move wholly back into the Hallucinogen sound, would we expect to hear the same ideas we heard with Twisted and Lone Deranger, or would he explore the more mature minimal sounds, reflecting the trends of the releases of his label [Midi Miliz, Synthetic, ect].

That's all I can think of. Well, that's all I can think of that wouldn't offend him. Like, for example, I wouldn't want you to ask him whether or not he thinks still performing live sets consisting almost 80% of tracks he wrote five years ago could be considered as selling out.

Oh, ask him if he's secretly producing disco house tracks with Nick Taylor and Tsuyoshi.

Guest Mescalinium

I can only think of one question right now, namely:

You've written and produced what, in many people's minds, are the greatest classic goa song, the greatest classic goa album, and the greatest psy-ambient album. You've started your own influential and groundbreaking label. You've worked and collaborated with many of the greatest producers/pioneers in trance today. Your music has uplifted, influenced, impacted, and inspired listeners the world over.

What left is there for you to accomplish?

Guest AtomikElf

"or would he explore the more mature minimal sounds" - you mean "the more boring minimal sounds" don't you?? hehe ;)

relax.....no flame war please - i just couldn't resist ¦)

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

"Soooo, Simon... Here it comes - the question we've all been dying to hear a reply for: Blondes or brunettes?". Hahahahahaaa... A very imature joke, I know - sorry, it won't happen again :)