Mysterious Goatrance ...

Guest Portamento

Hi :)

I've just made a modest website whose goal is to identify old goatrance tracks (35 in all including ambient & also trance) I recorded between 1995 and 1997(98) from the two main french radio programs broadcasting trance at this period.

Tracks just are short extracts (1mn30). You can choose to download them (MP3) or to play'em in streaming (Real Audio). For each possibility, you have the choice between High Quality (about 1 Mo) and Low Quality (500 Ko).

Here is the URL : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mystrance

I would be eternally grateful if you could take some time to visit this webpage ; I've been looking for these songs for years now, and I hope these years of frustration will end soon ... otherwise I might take my Yam 600 Fazer and charge into a wall :D

PS: I would like to thank Children for explaining me how to make Real Audio streaming :)

Guest ShpongledChild

Hehehe... excellent idea, your site... I don't know the name of your songs, but i've the same on tape (because i've listened these great radios =) ).

But why don't you extend your site... Lot of people on this forum search to identify their old tracks... Can we send you low quality MP3?

Guest zoltar

UNKNOWN TRACK #11 --

It's a real acid classic, probably Choci's Chewns release (B1)...

Your tape (96/97) is older than the Tracid Traxx release.

Solar Quest - Acid Air Raid (12")

©1993 Choci's Chewns (CC004)

A1 (08:42) Acid Air Raid (Analogue Attack)

A2 (09:13) Acid Air Raid (Euphoric Acid)

B1 (11:56) ACID AIR RAID (GEORGE'S ALL NIGHTER) <- YOUR SAMPLE

B2 (05:52) Acid Air Raid (Ambient)

Solar Quest - Acid Air Raid (12")

©1998 Tracid Traxx (TTX2005)

A1 (09:00) Acid Air Raid (Silent Breed Remix)

B1 (12:20) Acid Air Raid (George's All Nighter)

Guest etherdesign

Track 10 is Joking Sphinx - Course Poursuite released on POF in 1996, it sounds like Electric Universe because it is the Electric Universe remix.. I have this EP on vinyl, on the flipside is Le Grand Mechant Loup remixed by Flying Sticker.. I think POF is defunct now so this will probably be hard to find..

Track 13 also appears to be a remix of this song since the bassline/lead is identical, except with different synth sounds.. but I'm not sure who does this one..

Guest etherdesign

I would also like to know what some of these are, there's some excellent old school stuff in there that I would love to (try) to find.

Guest Portamento

Above all : thanks to all people who visited my webpages :)

I have to congratulate (and thank) Zoltar : yes it's Solar Quest - acid air raid :) (I sent you a mail)

I also managed to find another track : Blue Planet Corp - Overbloody Flood (unknown track 07 with a demon voice). Thanks to Yatoub Ben :)

I have not been able to get any other song this morning (Joking Sphinx for exemple) cuz Audiogalaxy is a bit over crowded ! But i think it will be really hard to find this song ; I had already tried to DL the Album "à la recherche de la banane pyramide" (lol) and there only were a few tracks on Audiogalaxy (POF must be a very little french label) so if you have the possibility to ripp it from the EP and to trade it with me ,Etherdesign, it would be very nice from you :)

To conclude, yes I can put other unknown tracks on my webpages ; I can add a third page named "Various", it's not a problem but I've no more than 50 Mo to do this.

Guest Portamento

I've updated the site.

8 tracks have been found (but I only have an incomplete version for some of them and wish to trade the full versions ) ; we are on the good way :)

The best one IMHO : Acid Rockers - Orion (n° 3)

Thank you Etherdesign :) I managed to DL Joking Sphinx song but it's a mixed version by Paul Oakenfold (raahh I hate mixed comp)

I'll try to replace the extracts in RA and MP3 taken from my tapes by new extracts taken from the MP3 I could download ...

28 tracks left ...

Guest Portamento

Great ! Thank you very much Zaraknon .

26 tracks left (I was wrong when I wrote 28 above ; 35 - 8 = 27 ;the holidays are softening my brain :D )

I've created a fourth page named "Various" where I'm storing files from other persons. One track sent to me has been added ; if you have lost tracks recorded on tapes or anything else, send it to me via mail (a short extract in mp3, with low bitrates please) I will update the webpage quickly.

I'm thinking of converting my webpages into a Lost Tracks Data Base, but before I have to improve the design ; I'm not very skilled yet so it will take some time but I'm really excited by this project.