I have a problem making

a god, quality, Kick and Bass Line sounds. Now I

use Albino VST for bass lines, but I`m not so happy

with it. For kick I must use some crapy samples, so

if you guys know some VST`s for making quality Kicks

and Bass lines, please help me. Thank`s

Greetingz From Serbia...

Guest miKeLogic

You can try the Infected Mushroom web site, there's a tutorial on how to make a kick in sound forge. (or mabe its the Logic site??! Anyhow, there's a link from psynews in the Artists Infos or Interviews...)

LinPlug also have the RMIII and RMIV drum machine VSTs, they got good reviews.

Peace,

miKe

if u use logic u can make good kicks with the ES1...

u need to have an envelope routed to the filter, with resonance all the way up. Then set the parameters of the envelope like this: attack=0, decay=mess around with that parameter until u get desired effect, sustain=0 or a low value, release=0.

as for basselines i use VBl (like everybody else), or Muon Tao Pro...

Guest OpTiKoOl

Hey Psy_Fileds..

the VST name it's not VBL, but VB-1 Virtual Bass 1, it comes with Cubase SX, so if you use it for sequencing..you don't need to look for it anymore..if you using another seq application..then you should look in the net for the VB1 installer, or even coppy the DLL that come with Cubase SX to your working VSTPlugins and your ready to go..i think :P

Stay Fresh!

-

http://www.psyfreakz.org/ - Owning The Psy Scene!

Guest Psy_Fields

Hm... Did anyone try Native Instrument FM7, I think its better than VB-1, or even Novation - V station, am I right, or stupid again, VB 1 seems so limited

Greetingz from Serbia...

well it is more limited indeed... but it works.. i know talamasca, gms, astrix, etc use it.... u have to eq it right.. and i usually put the bar in the middle all the way to the left...

don't know about novation nver used it..

but i don't think many people use FM 7 for bass though.. fm7 is good for pads and sound fx i think..

Guest spaceman

yeah! along with "vb-1" try "ppd tritium" both are great for basslines just add some bass expander and a parametric eq, just spend some time trying. if u want some 303 bass sound try audiorealism bassline, sound almost exactly as the real tb-303. patience man patience. peace

Guest Psy_Fields

FM 7 is the most powerfull VST I have ever seen, you could do anything with it, but a little too much CPU neaded :), and I need mos of CPU for melodies not for bass :), so I need something like VB-1, I do what you told me, I spend hours with it, but still can`t figure out (if astrix use VB-1) how to get bass like his in Astrix - Life System.

You have been a lot of help to me, and thank you all.

Oh, yeah, I get Virsyn - Cube, but I cant load it on my CPU, XP series of AMD needed, and I have Athlon, so can you tell me what is it like, is cube worth new CPU or not? :)

Greetingz from Serbia...

Guest Psy_Fields

I almost forgot I have audiorealism - bassline, but I don`t know how to use the notes from patern in a program. I click on a run button. but it goes independently with the other VST and rythm.

And In the earlyer message I sad that I can`t get bass line like astrix in Life System, I ment to say I get close, too close, but not exactly like his bass, I think he used something I don`t know jet what, but I`ll find out... :)

Greetinz from Serbia...

well ia have spent hours myself trying to get a good bass sound...

i think people like astrix know more about Eq and production which helps a lot... anyway keep trying and let me know if i can be of some help:)

an btw how do u program the FM7 i always get lost in this thing...Is there a manual out there or some tutorial?

ben

Guest spaceman

i think fisrt of all forget about trying to clone astrix, it`s useless to copy try creating a sound of your own., as for the audiorealism bassline, well to play the pattern in the sequencer, in the piano roll each key corresponds to a pattern so pattern 0 is the first key(down/up) and so on you just adjust the lenght og the pattern, ht e other way is to write down the notes of the pattern tou created manually. a good plug in is the TC Works parametric eq, i ues it alot and works great. keep working hard

Guest Psy_Fields

Well I don`t have any tutorial for FM7, but I play with it, try using one oscilator for start, oscilator A for example, and see what posabilities do you have with it, and than you mix two oscilators, tree, and so on :), thats my kind of school :) it takes a lot of time but It`s the only way you could teach it best. I just play with my VST`s and that way I learn :)

I will try that with bassline spacemen, but I think I will have dificulties attaching accent to the notes in piano role, but I will see I don`t have much time now, we have problem with Yamaha SW1000XG, we can`t render, export or save our songs in wav, just midi, I know it sounds silly but program can`t render semples we use from yamaha through software. We should have Minidisc for recording digital audio, I can`t see there is any other way. :)

Try also ReFx - Vanguard it`s not so bad for something :)

Greetingz from Serbia...

Guest ananda

hola, spaceman q onda podrias hecharme la mano para crear una linea de bajo, estpy empezando a hacer musica pero la linea de bajo y el kick, pus como q no prenden, si sabes de algo q pueda hacer por favor dime, ok gracias men!

Guest spaceman

hey psy_fields, you cannot render audio beacuse youre working midi, try converting th e midi channels into audio, wich software are u using? create yor midi sequence and then create an audio track and set the yamaha/midi interface as the output and press rec and in the audio will record what the midi channel is playing., i hope i understood your question and answered well. about bassline i have the manual send mem your emaill and ill send it to you is a very short manual or if you hace msn its better. you dont really have to send the sequence via piano roll, u can send the pattern to the seuqenceri already told u, each pattern correspond to a key in theh piano roll so patternn 0 is the first C in th epiano roll. good luck man

Guest Psy_Fields

Here`s my e-mail: psychoticfields@yahoo.com

Thank`s for sending me that manual man.

I use Sonar 3, but also working in Logic and fruity, so if you know

how to render midi chanel in audio from sonar please help, we try

that like a billion times, and still can`t do it. The main probblem on that

sound card is that we can`t record anything, when we go in mixer the

record tab is empty, not even microfon works, we flashed the stupid card,

but again nothing.

Guest spaceman

sorry man but i cant find the bassline manual, try using tritium or muon tau nad add some parametric eq and you' ll see the great result, if i find it i send it immediately. peace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest MC Dippenaar

If you have cubase sx 2 , choose the Synthi Base on the vb 1 - drag all the things on the guitar and drag it to the left - Get a good eq sound plugin and filter out all the high pith sound - Sounds sick -

for kicks use stomper man. stomper stomps. http://www.master-zap.com/stomper

get the old version "stomper ultra++" if you can. of course after you make your kick with that, use your wave editor (cool edit sound forge etc) to tweak at it in little ways of your own which are up to you to learn. then if you happen to have some tubes that's a wonderful way to get the sub bass bits aliased up into more audible range to make it even fatter. i digress? stomper is really good, get it... the new version is fancy pants but the old one is really good and simple.

to compare it to the so-called infected method which naturally people should figure out on their own ::} ahem well it's a lot like that but more direct, simple, you know... and also the sweeps sound more natural, probably cause you don't have to do a bunch of clicks and stuff to do it. blah blah blah get stomper ultra++ BYE