MONITORS, MIC, SYNTHS best buy,suggestions

Guest Kostas

i want to buy studio moniotrs,mic,synth but i cant decide....

i ithink i will buy one of the followings

Monitors:

Behringer Truth B2031 Active

M Audio Bx-8 Active

Dynaudio Bm5 Passive (+ INTER M Amp)

Tannoy Reveal Active

Samson Resolv 80 Active

Mics:

Behringer B1

Studio Projects B1

Rode NT1

Synths i think i will buy korg ms2000b and nord rack 2x and virus c what do u think about these synths? and lexicon mpx110 fx?

i want some one who knows to tell me wichone is smart to buy

Guest goner

Hallo,

i believe that the best solution for u is to decide for yourself.

Go to the store.listen to the synth u choose and then decide.

it all come down in what kind of music u want to produce(i think)

I had nord lead for some time and it was very good,

Nice stuff are built inside it..

For monitors i suggest u buy Dynaudio stuff.

I heard them quite some times and they dont seem missing anything.

I dont know anything about mics(Sorry)

Take Care

Guest Kostas

thanx! i agre with you tha dynaudios are better than others and expensive than others. i think tha nord and virus are very good synths....

thanx again ;)

Guest miKeLogic

You need the:

or

Tannoy Reveal Active

and the:

Rode NT1

I have the passive tannoys, and would prefer the dynaudio cause they're front ported for the bass, so you can use them in smaller rooms (like band up against the wall). The Tannoys need minimum of 50cm behind the speaker for the bass to bass to get out and reflect off the wall.

You're bang on with the korg, the nord and the virus. And yes, the lexicon would be very nice for reverb.

miKeLogic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anal0g_brain

i hear good things about the samson monitors,they come in a reallyyy good price 2.Behringer truth kick ass for their money for the rest i dont know much.

i wouldnt suggest passive monitors cause you need 2 buy a good amplifier 2 so... good luck

ta mele ;-)

• 1 month later...

as for synths try some real analog stuff::} if you have $ for it roland jupiter 6 should be sweet, korg mono/poly, roland sh-101... a couple really inexpensive synths are akai vx90 which i got for us $250 and oberheim matrix 6 or 6r which i got for less than that. for your 1st synth get something real and get something that has knobs. read the reviews on www.harmonycentral.com in synth database. personally i recommend strongly against ms2000 as it is built flimsy and sounds sort of like an imitation. just my opinion from experience. get what inspires you. get something FUN FUN FUN FUN to play with, that's the way to make real good music and express yourself

Guest Mista fex

i think you should go for a virus b instead of c sence the c isnt much of an upgrade from the B and youll save a shitload of cash

• 2 months later...
Guest pedro  quan

The difference between the B and the C is 1/3 more polyphony, which is significant if the Virus is going to be your main (or only) synth. But the price difference between the two is definitely outrageous. :)

• 1 month later...

All I can say is: Genelec 1029 A :D

they are the best ones for me (yes for me, might not be the best for everyone else). Check them out at your nearest dealer....

Oh, and I have a Virus C, I love it!

i want to buy studio moniotrs,mic,synth but i cant decide....

i ithink i will buy one of the followings

Monitors:

Behringer Truth B2031 Active

M Audio Bx-8 Active

Tannoy Reveal Active

Samson Resolv 80 Active

Mics:

Behringer B1

Studio Projects B1

Rode NT1

Synths i think i will buy korg ms2000b and nord rack 2x and virus c what do u think about these synths? and lexicon mpx110 fx?

i want some one who knows to tell me wichone is smart to buy

76386[/snapback]

I think you should by some different kinds of synths, not only VAs. You will have more sounds to chose from and i think you will have a more powerful studio that way.

Many of the old analogue synths have a great sound, there are many different old synths out there so if you don´t know what to get i suggest you look for used synths and search for reviews. The problem with the old ones is that they have no warranty and they could break soon after you bougt them so some soldering skills would be a good thing to have.

If you dont want to go for old used synths i wold suggest you take look at the Dave Smith Evolver or maby the Monomachine by Elektron (im going to buy an evolver when i get the cash).

Out of the synths you listed i would have chosen either the virus or the nord, i dont like the sound of the ms2000 but thats a matter of taste i guess.

Out of those mics i would have bought the Rode NT1.

And for fx, Lexicon are known for their great reverbs so i guess you wouldn´t go wrong with that one but you can get some ok reverbs out of software too so if you are going to use your computer for mixing you might want to concider that.