this forum is getting boring

Guest analog_brain

i have this feeling that this forum has turned into a 'go on and download my new track' thing.When i first joined it was more like tips and advices on how to compose tracks/mix music,kind of interesting stuff.All i see now is skazi or gms wannabies looking for a decent comment on their tracks.

maybe im wrong but thats the way i see it,it s a pity... and it bores me to hell

Guest soliptic

yeh i only check it every week or so now

there are better psy prod forums out there ;)

all the genuine tips'n'tricks people might wanna look at forum.isratrance.com, forums.ektoplazm.com (esp canadian ppl) and psy-forum.co.uk (especially uk ppl)

yeah i have to agree. i used to be a regular here, back when they had contests and the site was actually doing something. now i just check out isratrance's forums, and www.psytrance.us

this place is just a hole where promoters dig for e-mail addresses and people complain all the time... woah, wait a minute......;)

Guest anal0g_brain

glad to see that there are actually a few who share my opinion :)

gonna check the other forums 2.

and i must say i really enjoy the off topic forum/kicks ass :)

• 3 weeks later...

i half dis/agree with you

i don't see anything wrong with asking people for their opinion. in fact, it's a great oportunity for a budding artist to get honest and objective feedback on his 'musical creation'.

what i object to though are those artists/labels/promoters who are leaching onto this forum (and probably others like it) to advertise their latest releases (and not a single free mp3 download in return...)

i half dis/agree with you

i don't see anything wrong with asking people for their opinion. in fact, it's a great oportunity for a budding artist to get honest and objective feedback on his 'musical creation'.

what i object to though are those artists/labels/promoters who are leaching onto this forum (and probably others like it) to advertise their latest releases (and not a single free mp3 download in return...)

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the ONLY good advice to music creation i ever got came form this site, from E.P and OOOD!

i received all sorts of feedback, both positive and negative, and lapped it all up! Criticism is a massively important part of growing as an artist. Without it my music would be listened to only by my own biased ears (not in a positive way), and i would never know what i thought worked actually did.

The service provided by the good users of this site has therefore proved invaluable to me!

That was well over a year ago now, and unfortunately, having just come back on line - i am sooo sad at what has happened in my absence.

Perhaps, the ratio of requests to listen vs techie questions has changed, coz actually, i'm not seeing lots more requests to listen out there then there were... just one HELL of a lot less posts.

i can only hope things are sorted out, and we can have back the wonderful service we once had.

Talk about not knowing what you had until its gone hey?

Some of the ONLY good advice to music creation i ever got came form this site, from E.P and OOOD!

i received all sorts of feedback, both positive and negative, and lapped it all up! Criticism is a massively important part of growing as an artist. Without it my music would be listened to only by my own biased ears (not in a positive way), and i would never know what i thought worked actually did.

The service provided by the good users of this site has therefore proved invaluable to me!

That was well over a year ago now, and unfortunately, having just come back on line - i am sooo sad at what has happened in my absence.

Perhaps, the ratio of requests to listen vs techie questions has changed, coz actually, i'm not seeing lots more requests to listen out there then there were... just one HELL of a lot less posts.

i can only hope things are sorted out, and we can have back the wonderful service we once had.

Talk about not knowing what you had until its gone hey?

• 1 month later...

heh heh, i thought this kind of shit only happens to me (see above).

anyway, bro, just a routine 'scan' for any comments on my opinions...

take it easy.

mike

heh heh, i thought this kind of shit only happens to me (see above).

anyway, bro, just a routine 'scan' for any comments on my opinions...

take it easy.

mike