a good bass dxi, vsti?

Guest Freefloatin' Fongus

I've been using a Roland Juno-106 to create bass lines in my tracks for about 2 years.. It sounds great, but the midi is very slow and causes some glitches in fast 16 note basslines. So now I am looking for a soft synth that can generate the bass for me instead. I've tried some dxis and vstis, but none of them has really been able to recreate the same fat sound as the Juno. My basses are really simple too, a sawtooth with a filter envelope.

I'm using Sonar 2.2 and a Motu interface.

Can anyone recommend a good one which they are happy with?

Guest Not a Narc!!

Try out the "Muon tau pro" synth or "novation bass station" they are pretty nice but there are loads of good bass synths if you just take the time to create the right sound on them.

Guest mc master

Synth1, Mercury-1, Mda jx10, Wasp vsti, Muon atom, Iblit VSTi's ?

these I find adequate, but none of 'em is as fat as a juno 106, I'd try sampling the juno if I had one.

Guest Source of Light

I Use spectrasonics trilogy (it has sampled but fat basslines, very good sound) and ES2 as a synth for bass(really clear fat basses) :),

good solution is to use them together and cut their frequencies so they fit well together :)