Starting to make Goa music

Hi everybody! I use Fuityloops 4 at a some time alerady and feel very well with it. But about making music is another story. I don't know very well what is the way I should go to make some great music.

I thinck that I have the right scale:

F , F#, G#, A , A# , C , C# , D# (it is 8 notes...it shouldn't be 7?)

No about the drum. I thinck it's a good idea to use a dance bass drum in a channel with a compresss with the preset vintage and then a 7 band preset dance (at least sound good I thinck). But about the other sound is another story....I usualy use vintage's samples but they sounds to old I thinck.

About the bass...well...I just can't get anything good.

How do you make a good GOA vibe? It seems to be harps doesn't it? Synth? 3xosc? TS404?

There is any tutorial on how to make those twisted sounds listened in GOA tunes? Melody I thinck that is only with time and dedication but the instrumenst seems to be more tricky.

By the way, I use FL at almost 1.5 years I thinck!

create your melody with simple mono-synth and then automate filter frequency cutoff. it will make almost the desired sound. also playing with envelope attack and release parameters and note 'binds' to the next one. add some effects, compress, eq....

I use fruityloops too, and i too, know that it's difficult to make a good bass in FL..

But with compressors, delay, 7 band EQ and parametric EQ you can do wonders with bass samples... not to rough with the reeverb though.

And i also use waves DXi.

Oh, and i almost everytime combine a bass sample with a ts404 sound.

Makes it smoother. But there are only 2 or 3 ts404 samples that you can use for that.

Maybe we can chat about it someday.. icq: 58646020

msn: epy_demie@hotmail.com

i'll tell u what

i been makin psytrance in fruity loops for over a year...

heres how i make a kickin bass

open the '3xosc' fruity loop plug-in in a new channel

use only the first oscillator, turn the other 2s volume down

use i think its the ramp one, well its the 4th one outta 7 types

looks like this |/|

in the filters section select the LPx2 filter

turn the cutoff all the way off

and the resonance at about 1 oclock

in the 'misc' section turn the cutoff down just a little bit and the res up just a little bit

in the envelopes bit, turn sustain and release all the way down as well as attack

have a little bit of hold and a little bit of decay, u gotta play with this

when u write ur bassline, if its too high pitched it wont have enough bass and if its too low it just sounds like squelchy shit i find

remember not to put a bass note on the same note as the kick, if done rite then u dont notice the missing note and if u put a bass note on the same note as the kick it changes the sound of the kick in a bad way

get workin on that n definitely tell me what u think!

Fromem-Ory

ok, I've done this one:

filami.videmogroup.org/filami_testes63_psynewstut.flp

I really like the bass with the TS404 mixed. It looks really smoother.

I hate the melody by the way! How can I improve this music to something more audible (and more Goa)? Notice that I'm trying to make Morning Trance (thats why the stupid melody it's right there)

Guest alejandro

go to the real stuff forget about Fl., use reason and cubase and some vsti´s, there`s no way tomake respectable quality music in FL. sorry but that´s the truth

"go to the real stuff forget about Fl., use reason and cubase and some vsti´s, there`s no way to make respectable quality music in FL. sorry but that´s the truth"

You're wrong!! If you can make respectable quality music with reason.. you also can with fruityloops 4

Guest alejandro

i´m not wrong, i´m a sound enginer and i work with reason, cubase and pro tools so for me FL is childish, plese don´t get angry with me but i´m not lying

i think you are wrong, or misinformed or something.

i'll agree that its much harder to get a fruity loops track to a quality similar to that of a program like cubase or pro tools. but it is possible, and having myself used fruity loops for at least a year and a half almost every day, i know almost all there is to know about it, and how to get a good sound out of it. have you really tried it? like any program, it takes time to reach its potential. childish? i guess another pro of fruity loops is that it can be used by absolute novices, part-timers, amateurs, and hard-working professionals.

and besides... ur a 'sound engineer'... what does that even mean? are you more of a sound engineer than me or 'epy'?

not gettin mad dude just think u need to be a little bit more open-minded about programs like fruity loops, which at first view appears to be a kiddy program but once u really get into it u can make some fine-ass stuff!

LastSaturdaysDream

i think you are wrong, or misinformed or something.

i'll agree that its much harder to get a fruity loops track to a quality similar to that of a program like cubase or pro tools. but it is possible, and having myself used fruity loops for at least a year and a half almost every day, i know almost all there is to know about it, and how to get a good sound out of it. have you really tried it? like any program, it takes time to reach its potential. childish? i guess another pro of fruity loops is that it can be used by absolute novices, part-timers, amateurs, and hard-working professionals.

and besides... ur a 'sound engineer'... what does that even mean? are you more of a sound engineer than me or 'epy'?

not gettin mad dude just think u need to be a little bit more open-minded about programs like fruity loops, which at first view appears to be a kiddy program but once u really get into it u can make some fine-ass stuff!

LastSaturdaysDream

Guest alejandro

i was not trying to tlak shit abot FL really, is just that i find the sound very crappy sometimes, please don´t get me wrong i just that nowadays some people think that the musci software wrok alone and by getting one as na act of magic music will come. and no i´m not saying that i´m a better than you, i was just trying to give an honest opinion i aplogize if i was rude or missunderstood. the truth is the best software is the one you know how to use, like in my case., i find reason and cubase sx very pleasing.

Guest braulix

your right!!to get good sound from fruity loops takes its time...

reason is childish - it has everything strongly equalized.. but the sound its far from compressed....

dont forget that FL4 may be just a VSTI, with VSTIS inside..to use in cubase... and it has one thing that no other has... its the shift for eatch time ov a patern... no other does it

and try his piano roll...

all buttons are automatizables graficly with possible grafic lfos predefenited

try fruity to experiment because is the sequencer more fast easy and Complete that there is.........

hi

i've been making psy trance for about 2 years.

alot of people tell me fruty sucks but personally i feel i cant use any other.

i tried cue base but i find it so diff from fruity it may be more professional or used more by pros but fruity oh......

fruity has things and can do things that i dont find anywhere else.

i also hope that most hardware or atleast the nord 3 and virus have the same way of working the knobs esspecially the lfo amt and rate cause some day i'm moving to hardware.i love the interface of fruity,the way it looks.i'm sure cuebass can look better with a lil work though.

i know the sounds are what we care about but i feel that it should look apealing and inviting too.

the edit events thing in fruity is brilliant.all knobs ,everything from volume to tempo to fx channels can be automated in the same way.

in fruity everything is soooo accessable.

i agree there are a few things fruity cant do and i wish the newer versions will be able to.

i really dont know if the quality of the sound that comes out of fruity is up to the pro standard or not but i feel that with a good sound card(i got audigy 2 platinum with asio,24 bit 96khz sample rate but 48khz while recording)(wich is allright)

a pair of studio monitors and the right vst's even fruity can do a fabulous job.

ofcourse midi keyboards even synths can be used later on.

basically what i'm trying to say is that there must be alot of great stuff out there that one can use but i feel fruity can defenately be used to make some good sounding psychedellic trance.

anyway thats just my opinion .everyone is entitled to their own.

as long as the music is great and u have fun using whatever u use.

see u.

hi

i've been making psy trance for about 2 years.

alot of people tell me fruty sucks but personally i feel i cant use any other.

i tried cue base but i find it so diff from fruity it may be more professional or used more by pros but fruity oh......

fruity has things and can do things that i dont find anywhere else.

i also hope that most hardware or atleast the nord 3 and virus have the same way of working the knobs esspecially the lfo amt and rate cause some day i'm moving to hardware.i love the interface of fruity,the way it looks.i'm sure cuebass can look better with a lil work though.

i know the sounds are what we care about but i feel that it should look apealing and inviting too.

the edit events thing in fruity is brilliant.all knobs ,everything from volume to tempo to fx channels can be automated in the same way.

in fruity everything is soooo accessable.

i agree there are a few things fruity cant do and i wish the newer versions will be able to.

i really dont know if the quality of the sound that comes out of fruity is up to the pro standard or not but i feel that with a good sound card(i got audigy 2 platinum with asio,24 bit 96khz sample rate but 48khz while recording)(wich is allright)

a pair of studio monitors and the right vst's even fruity can do a fabulous job.

ofcourse midi keyboards even synths can be used later on.

basically what i'm trying to say is that there must be alot of great stuff out there that one can use but i feel fruity can defenately be used to make some good sounding psychedellic trance.

anyway thats just my opinion .everyone is entitled to their own.

as long as the music is great and u have fun using whatever u use.

see u.

• 4 months later...
Guest Strangert

I realy like FLoops to and i think i make ok psytrance and whatever comes out of my head into the program, But the making of a bass is realy hard and also not to use the preesets, ok i DONT use the preesets as the are, i do modify them into what i like but still it has that FLoops sound nomater what i do...i gues its the TS404 that gives a "standard" sound. enyway if enyone is intrested you kan listen to my creations at http://www.strangert.org and maby give mee som tips on how to improve my music. and hey! keep on using flp, i know i will ;P