Waveterminal 192L or M-audio Audiophile USB?

Guest Psychotic_Fields

What do you think? Waveterminal 192L or M-audio Audiophile USB?

What is more professional betwean these two? do I have some samples

or effects integrated in this cards or that is only on more expensive cards?

Thnk's

there's no fx on the 192l...i don't thik at least? i have the 192m... it has lotso f bugs. my cubase used to crash all the time, and i used sonar, then i updated drivers, and now sonar crashes all the time and cubase is my multitrack recorder!!

i'd go m audio. egosys are such a little company...also i ahve lots of noise on my unit when using the mix, and i have to use the mix, because that's how i monitor my mix...and it creates this annnoying annoying noise. i should email them and ask, but i think it's def. out of warranty, and i doubt they'd be friendly :(

Guest Emil aka X-OR

I have an M-Audio audiophile USB.

IT SUCKS MAJOR DONKEYBALLS!

Because: It uses 90% CPU and is highly unreliable on my laptop.

I have a HP Xe4500 1700 MHz with 512 meg ram, and it just doesnt "cut the cake". I have to run at high latency to ever record and I have to like cut the wav to make it sync afterwards... but with nuendo 2 I dont have to.

2nd, it doesnt say the ms of latency, it says "high and low". SO i cant figure out how much to make Nuendo 2 wait for it.

I have USB 1.2 so if you have USB 2, try it... but TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.

It works at some PCs but some not. Remember high end audio and low latency requires lots of bandwidth... so you have to disable anything that shares IRQ with USB and dont run any other devices than perhaps mouse that doesnt require much.

If you're a mac user, I don't know, but as I said, try before you buy.

M-audio will deliver a firewire sound unit which would be great... I would have USB 2 support on the PC or firewire for that new one, but the firewire audiophile is twice the price!

isn't it supposed to use usb 2? iduno i know most of the USB interfaces are slow. what's the xe4500 too? what kidn of proccessor it is that the namE?