synths war....

Guest factor mazorca

hi.. i need some advice please, wich synth would you prefer? korg MS2000, nord lead 2 or novation KS4?.... i'll apretiate any comments... thanx...

trance its the answer.......... fallo hernandez (factor mazorca)

www.factormazorca.com

Guest yellow planetary sun

i would buy nord lead 2 or access virus, it has the right trance sounds, fx, leads, basses..

also i don't much like sounds from novations..

Guest factor mazorca

thanx for the comment, and i also prefer the nord lead 2, but im afraid that EVERYBODY has it.... what u think?

..............peCE......... fallo hernandez (factor mazorca)

Guest yellow planetary sun

i think it depends more on your imagination and synthesis knowledge..

i've heard many underground artists with this equipment that are making

totally different sounds from nord and virus then most of psy -mainstream-

producer does...

i have virus and i found many many good not-used-as-i-know psychedelic

crunchy sounds :)

also you can try freeVSTsynth called Synth1 which has synthesis of nord lead (not the sound of course) so you may take a look for the possible

sounds :)

if i should by something to virus i would probably buy the nord :)

on ebay they sell it usually for 600 USD..

Guest soliptic

of those 3... i'd say nl2 is the best. but, yeah, everyone has a nord, so you fill find many familiar sounding presets!

between the korg and the novation... well i've got an ms2k and my housemate has a k-station... i'd say they're both about as good as each other, but different.. v-station has a fatter, smoother sound, makes better squidgy leads and basslines - but its limited in the arpeggiater/motion sequencer/filter/mod patch areas, so slightly less versatile than the korg. whereas the korg has all that but has far fewer effects than the novation, which is a limitation in itself.

the ks4 is a bit improved to the k-station i think though... so... if they added a multimode filter and stuff, maybe just a bit better...

basically- try them out :)

Guest darkpulse

Hi!

I've got a MS2000 and it is really great, exept for the bass sound. It is quite impossible to get a really nice bass sound out of this machine. As for the leads and sound FX, it is ok, just a bit "metalic"... BUT it is cheaper than the other synths... apart the effects that are a bit low (: only delay, phaser and chorus/flanger...), the distortion that sounds quite ridiculousand the envelopes that are not tweakable enough (I think that's why I can't get good bass and kick sounds...), it IS a really great synth! The vocoder is really great!

good luck!

hello!

i have a nord lead and i think it really sounds great!!

of course, everybody has the NL2 but the 3 offers some new possibilities....

but i know also someone who has a supernova....to my taste, it sounds better and it has internal effects which is very good....

but it's all a matter of taste...i think the best is you go twice or more to a shop and test them, listen to the sounds....try to rock the shop!..maybe they make you a sale.. :))

i really think it's the best to do.

hope you'll realize your wishes

Love and light

Mehdi

Guest factor mazorca

really thax for the comments... i think the best way to pick up a synth its trying it like mehdi says.... tahnx

now i have only two in the figth... nord lead 2 vs. novation KS4 :)

Guest Emil aka HyperVoxel

Depends on what kinda music you make... for polyphonic massive sounds (with no need for fx), buy NordLead...

if you want that sharp sound :)

If you want more hissy sound, with FX (you can use the virus as an FX processor too!) It is my favourite synths of the two I own since it is SO POWERFUL!

OR:

if you aren't a polyphonic guy, you should go for the micromodular... It is very advanced, but pretty much limitless... PS: You can simulate the NordLead 2 with it (with 1 voice of course)...

-

microKorg is cool, I tried it at my sister... it is very good for those retro-like sounds... it also has 2-part timbre