israeli- hi hats

hey people out there

i really want to know, how the israeli guys make their hi frequent sounds

(including snare, shaker, hihat,....) do they take a chamical loop or do they

make it self?

i tryed it a few times: 16" shaker, 2" snare, openhihat and a closed hihat with delay. it doesent sound so full.....

how can i manage this problem? i have "stylus" from spectrasonics....

is there a better software synth for os x to create the full on israeli hihats?

Hmmm try with a eq.. Turn up the higer freqv. a bit and maybe cut off the lower ones. How dose a full on israeli hihat sound anyway?? I can hear in some full on songs that they sometimes ad an phaser or somthing......If ju cant make all the sounds your self try to use samples, not loops... I´m shure that many artists use premade loops because i´ve heard them my self for ex from reason, bur I do´not recommend it. It´s up to you.

/danne

Guest soliptic

i think i know what u mean and i'm still struggling to do it

i like taking loops - anything really, could be a techno loop from an elab cd or an old funk breakbeat - and fucking them up - hipass filters, with mod / lfos / envelopes / etc, delays, autopanners, etc.

Hello again,

I thought aboute it some more, but I´m not really shure what you mean. Maybe soliptic is on the right track.. Try out reason to make your hihats, it´s verey easy to ad on dealys, filters and so on. If you want to use loops from sample cd´s, you can find the drex player in reason verey useful, it has all the thongs soliptic writes about, not delay, but you can ad directly or ass an send on the mixer....

Ok at least I tried......

good luck

danne

Guest radhasonic

yea, take english lessons first

but, well, I think (as the other guys) that you should use first reason using compressors, EQs and a reverb. Try various combinations till you get what you want. Then you can remaster them in cubase rewiring it with the reason.

I hope it helps you

Kamaran!

Guest BörlinGammler

a.s. my english is not the best too

it depends on what kind of HiHat sound u want:

tr-909 samples are always good ;)

For nice Ch,Oh,Ch 8"... Constructions for example:

get ur basic HH sound by using HPF&Eq use a Compressor (short attack, medium release) first then put it in a nice medium Reverb (3sec or something - roomreverb is often nice)

Or 16" trashy HH

Sample Oh then kill Bass put some mids in (maybe to the point where the mixer start to distort the signal) take the Hi a little back put it all in compressor&reverb

then just play with the lentgh of the notes in ur sequencer

these are two of thousend ways ... eq&compressor&reverb are the key is think

maybe these tips are usefull for u =)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gallowglass

i think you can do something like using an LFO to trigger drum samples (for the insanely fast retriggered hihat patterns like infected mushroom etc) i could be wrong about this

Guest Mark Gambera

I am surprised nobody has mentioned playback pitch.

Pitch it up to your personal taste, add resonance ond open the cutoff on preferably a Highpass filter, althought Bandpass could be alot of fun.

You have the option of animating/modulating the filter cutoff to simulate a human playing back the high hats e.g slow LFO triangle/sine/random sine.

As for compression? It isn't exactly my area of expertise. Reverb??? I wouldn't worry about Reverb or any effects or serious processing until you get the basic sound you're after, as per my suggestion with the 2nd paragraph.

give it a go :)

Guest soliptic

> modulating the filter cutoff to simulate a human playing back the

> high hats e.g slow LFO triangle/sine/random sine.

or, if you're really interested in simulating a human, why not try mapping pitch or cutoff to velocity :)