mp3 hosting

mp3.com forces user to register if they want to download.

In google i found lot's of web sites , but all of them have a 1b / file restriction and the rest of mp3 web pages forces users to register.

mikseri.net ? can't understand a word :(

Guest Jeroen

ahww i get what you mean..but what do other users here use then? :| there are plenty of people on this forum who've put their track on for comment, and I don't believe they all did mp3.com!

Guest Jeroen

wait! can't you just get some free webspace somehwere? I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be an mp3-site right? then you can just store your mp3's there and link people to it ^-^

Guest soliptic

most free webspace providers do not allow mp3 files (due to potential piracy of copyright mp3s) ... altho u can sometimes get around it just by renaming it .txt or something

most mp3 hosting sites (electronicscene.com, ampcast.com) require you to pay these days - no such thing as a free lunch!

personally i do 2 things - first i pay for an account at ampcast.com - this is about $80/yr i think - i get unlimited mp3s hosted, also automatically converted to hi-fi and lo-fi streams for me, with unlimited bandwidth.

second i also pay about £80/yr for my own hosting (www.dartrecordings.co.uk), with this i get 800MB of disk space to do whatever the hell i want with, plus PHP and mySQL support for my website, unlimited email addresses, etc, etc, but i do also have a 1GB/month bandwidth limit (which makes it unsuitable for hosting mp3s to the public, we just occasionally put mp3s on there for industry people, when we know there will only be a handful of downloads)

Guest TwilightZOne

I can't remember the name but there's sharing software that allows other users (without having the client installed) to broswe with IE or netscape the folder u decide to share on ur HD......

Usefull IMO .....unfortunatly I can't remember the name of it..... :(

Guest Vardoger

Have you try IUMA (www.iuma.com). It's where I'm hosting my stuff currently. It's a kind of mp3.com, but more underground. It feature virtually no known artist.

It's a free service, without forcing listener to register, but offer limited customization of the webpage and with a not so convenient way to do it. Also some strict rule apply to song you submit , only MP3 Joint Stereo 128 Kb/s files. I don't think there is a size limit or even a bandwith limit

But neverless, i'm happy with it. I was on mp3.com, but changed service when I had to pay to be able to show more than 3 songs on my page.

So here a link to my page if you what to see how it can look : vardoger.iuma.com.

Good search

Thanks a lot guys.

I really liked that WWW File Share which I will use now.

Will try out www.iuma.com too.

You've been very helpfull :)))))